One Year of Nintendo Switch.

As of today I have owned my Nintendo Switch for one year. And that is crazy. It was the incredible E3 showing that inspired me to gather together my old Wii U and 3DS games and to trade them in at GameStop to get a Nintendo Switch. However I had to order it because they would only have the ARMs bundle available with a microSD Card.

I put down a preorder on Splatoon 2 and bought The Legend Of Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Once my Switch arrived I exclusively played Zelda logging in around 100 hours until Splatoon 2 released. I played Splatoon 2 and I loved every second of it.

Now my brother also loves the switch and he had one game in particular he was obsessed with. NBA 2K18. When that released in September he played all the time, I barely touched the system until October when Mario Odyssey came out. Then for Christmas I got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. For my birthday in the following month I was given Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Kirby Star Allies came out in March, and I didn't get any games after Kirby until Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze came out.

In June I played the Octo Expansion and this month Octopath Traveler releases, and I'm incredibly excited for the game.

Along with my Switch I got a pro controller in September. Unfortunately the controller didn't charge so I had to have to replaced, but the new one works like a charm. I got yellow Joycons for Christmas and now I've got quite the library of controllers.

I've loved playing my Switch whenever I can and it's so easy to take places. Whenever I have friends over they want tot try it out because of how interesting it is.

I've played 180 hours of Splatoon 2, 175 hours of Zelda, 85 hours of Mario, 105 hours of Xenoblade, 20 hours of Sonic Mania, 50 hours of Donkey Kong, 35 hours of Mario Kart, and 25 hours of Kirby Star Allies. Adding that to the 450 hours my brother has logged into 2K18, in one year the Switch has given us 1,120 hours of entertainment. It's absolutely insane. Dividing that by 365 means on average we've played a combined 3 hours a day. That is just crazy to me.

The games I usually play are Splatoon 2 when I'm bored, Mario Kart when I have friends over, and I work on Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze's hard mode when I don't have Internet.

There is some sort of weird problem with my Switch where when I go upstairs at my house the WiFi discontents. Which is pretty annoying because I mainly play Splatoon, which is a very online oriented game. Once I have more single player games like Smash Bros it'll be less of an issue.

My favorite memory was when everyone was on their phones at a family getogether and I had my Switch. I took it out and started playing Mario Kart. Everyone suddenly became interested and wanted to play. Luckily I had just been given my two new joycons so everyone could play.

Not only that but the all played Mario Kart on the DS so they picked up the controls fairly quickly. It was just a fun time for everyone.

This year there's a few games I plan on getting. Octopath Traveler, MegaMan 11, Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, and Super Smash Bros Ultimate. If they decide to release Dust: An Elysian Tail this year I'll be getting that, and I'm also going to look into various indie games like Don't Starve and Hollow Knight.

That's all for this little nostalgia trip. Thanks for reading everyone! Happy one year anniversary for this book! Keep on Switching it up!