Lola Pop With a Side of Salt.

Here's how I imagine the meeting going down for Lola Pop.

"Alright we're three weeks out from Gamescom and we have nothing on potential abilities for our candy clown. Ideas? Anyone?"

"What if she could inflate like a balloon when she blocks and move forward while blocking? Cuz balloon clowns!"

"Stop trying to get your inflation fetish into the game! Wait.... No that could work. They'll never know!"

Lola Pop is our first truly new character and I was pretty pumped when she was announced. I liked her new ARMS and the new abilities she brought to the table, and after using her I've decided she's really good.

So her two abilities are moving while blocking and when she dashes and holds in midair she'll block and then bounce into the air. Only one of these is really good. Blocking while moving actually sucks as it's completely outclassed in every way by the air counterpart. 

The moving block is easy to counter and overall a pain to use. I know a bunch of people will think they're unstoppable with their new ability, only to get pummeled by a grab.

No Lola's strength lies in her air block. This can potentially give her more air game than any other character. Simply enough if you don't think you're in a good position to attack you can dash and shield, bounce back into the air, and repeat. Getting in a rhythm until you strike your enemy.

What you want to do is grab them, and if you can't bounce once and let go of Dash and then bounce again if necessary. This gives you a fresh bounce every time allowing you to build momentum. Other than that just grab or punch if you need to and you'll be sit. By jumping around and quickly returning to the air you can even catch Ribbon Girl if you're playing your cards right.

Now for her ARMS. While you may think the reflector is the best it's actually the worst. It's essentially a Guardian that sends the enemies punch back at them. But it's very situational and my best use for it was hitting enemies when they forgot about it. No instead us the Biffer and Funchuck. The Biffer offers a quick attack that is reliable and has a decent secondary effect. The Funchuck stuns the enemy and is just a nice attack to throw out.

In Skillshot use the double Biffer, the Funchuck does have a bit of a charge up so the Biffers are your key to victory. Other than that if you keep the same load out you'll be fine as Lola.

Lola's biggest weakness is those moments when transitioning from block to grab. She can easily be hit by enemies who time their punches right so it require you to think fast and keep yourself on your toes. Lola is by no means the best character but she's also not the worst. Her ARMS are mediocre at best but her ability is what makes her a destructive force.

She can be countered but then again, the enemy would have to predict if she decides to move left, right, or at all. 

But really why the heck is she a candy clown?

This part ended up being shorter than I'd have liked but I didn't have all that much to say about Lola. She doesn't really have a backstory and her strategy is pretty easy to explain. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Have a nice day!