The Odyssey Countdown: 19

We're back already and boy has stuff happened. The new Splatoon 2 stage has released and ARMS has a big update coming soon so there's plenty to distract you from the impending release date.

But I'm here to remind you all that Mario Odyssey is coming in just 19 days. Today we'll be looking at swimming and how it's going to be better than ever before. So as we know Mario can capture almost any enemy and that includes Cheep Cheeps, while he can travel underwater on his own he requires air and travels like any other underwater Mario. Pretty darn slow.

When he possess the Cheep Cheep he now can breathe underwater and travels at a consistently fast speed since he's in his home turf. This is what's going to make the water world in this game so much better. We'll be able to experience Mario traveling underwater like never before in a 3D platformer. 

Mario will have free control underwater, outside of the water he flops around and is about as useful as a half eaten apple. But he's not intended to be used outside of water for the most part. Cheep Cheep Mario is supposed to be used underwater. So I can only imagine what the creators will be doing now that they can officially design underwater levels without building it entirely around Mario's underwater engine.

They can create all kinds of worlds, just imagine an underwater fish society or some giant coral reef hidden in the depths of the ocean. There's no telling what they can do now that so many boundaries have been removed. For the first time I think a lot of people will really enjoy a water level and are actually excited to see what the creator's have come up with and are excited to explore this new world.

Water levels can be some of the most interesting things, it's just that they're often limited by underwater engines but now there's no telling what could happen. Personally I hope you can posses a shark. Or battle a shark. Or both.