Splatoon 2 Version 2 With a Side of Salt.

Just when you thought this game would only receive a few small updates for all of eternity the crew surprises you with a brand new update revealing tons of brand new content and changes we've been begging for.

Now remember this is only Version 2, which means anything released after November 26th (And that includes Clam Blitz.) Will not be mentioned in this chapter. But when Clam Blitz does release I'll be sure to make a Side of Salt talking about that.

Now at first it seems like they added an overwhelming amount of content in one update. Two new stages and two returning ones, a new ranked mode, so many new weapons! But really the only new weapon that's been released is the Hydra Splatling so far, we've got one out of three stages, and Clam Blitz is still a ways away.

But they really added a substantial amount of content to this update that's much appreciated to keep the game fresh and loved by many, I can also understand why they don't drop everything at once as to not overwhelm people and to allow them to enjoy all of the new content.

First off there's new hairstyles and while the boy hairstyles are ugly (Seriously who wants a bowl cut?) the girl got one nice new hairstyle, that being the pigtails. Because the other one is trash. We also got new leg wear but it's mostly the same stuff. Only now you can chose what fabric your pants are. 

It's a shame they wasted so much time on the amiibo pictures as this was completely left out from the trailer but we can now change our gear in lobbies! This is amazing! We have all been clamoring for it and now it's hear! This proves they really have been listening to us. At first I was worried that by gear they only meant clothes but you can change your weapons too!

Another awesome addition is the level cap now goes all the way to 99 and you can reset it to get prestige which will definitely add a couple hundred hours onto the gameplay. Salmon Run also recieved a new stage that was completely ignored by the developers, Salmonid Smokeyard. I really like this stage, the fans are cool in how they force you to constantly consider your teammates and I really just love how the map looks.

The only really problem is the 'river' that is supposed to be the gimmick is way too small to serve was much of a threat, also you spend most of your time on the two platforms and rarely ever fall off them so it's hardly a gimmick.

Then there's the new stage Mako Mart which I just love because there's a fat jellyfish and it's a supermarket that they released on Black Friday! That alone is hilarious to me. It's also a pretty big map so it's nice to see them going back to big maps like Mahi mahi Resort. (Please bring it back!)

Then there's the new music, and oh boy the music might be the best part of this amazing update! There's five brand new tracks and they bring in a whole new instrument in the violin. I really like how two of the songs have a country feel and they're going for different genres of music like in the previous game there was all kinds of music.

Ink Theory has some really weird tracks and I love all the instruments, yes I wish there was more lyrics but it's nice to see them trying something new. Also can we just stop for a minute and talk about how ridiculously hard the new tracks are in Squid Beats. Like even in normal they require you to do moves that you have to preform in hard! This is Spicy Calimari Inkantation levels of hard and that took me hours to beat with just a silver metal!

But moving on I like all the tweaks to weapons. I read the patch notes and apparently they buffed the Tri Slosher even though they nerfed it a month ago because it was broken. Also Rapid Blaster now gets its special slightly quicker even though they just changed that in the previous update! 

The new gear looks nice too but I don't know if I've already bought some of it or not. Supposedly 140 new pieces of gear which is definitely going to put a dent in my wallet because I collect all the gear even if I don't use it ever.

But other than that there isn't really much else to talk about. The new weapons are going to be releasing in spades and the new stages will be coming out over the course of the next month. I really can't wait for everything to come out especially Clam Blitz. This update was really great because it brought us so much stuff to look forward too and a ton to tide us over while we wait, I can't wait for the next big update like this so keep it up Splatoon Team!

Except my only problem is that this update released at like 8 PM. I was waiting all day, I mean it was 5 for the Splatoon team but even that is really late!

It's time for an update!

So you guys might be wondering where my 'Favorite Super Mario Odyssey Kingdoms' chapter is and it's coming. It just takes a while because there are a lot of Kingdoms in this game. It probably still won't be out by the time Splatoon 2 Version 2.1 With a Side of Salt comes out. So sorry for that.

Anyways thanks for reading and have a nice day! Bye!