The Odyssey Countdown: 20

Welcome one and all to the Odyssey Countdown, where for the 20 days leading up to Mario Odyssey I will be posting a chapter every day about a feature I'm excited for or something that just intrigues me. We're almost there folks, so let's begin.

Also SPOILER WARNING I will be talking about things featured in every Mario Odyssey trailer and if you're trying to avoid any spoilers I suggest avoiding this countdown, without further adieu, let's begin.

The feature I'll be talking about today is the Capture. This just intrigues me so much, it's something only Nintendo would think of. Throwing your hat to posses thing and take advantage of their specific skills to accomplish a task. It almost reminds me of Kirby in a way but it's still very different. I'm excited to see what I can capture and how I can use them to help me solve puzzles.

The mechanic just opens so many doors and leads to so many new possibilities now that Mario isn't limited to his body. How each captured enemy will react to the world around them has to be thought out. How will Mario be able to take advantage of their powers? What will they do? What tasks can they accomplish? What are their limits? Those are just a few questions Nintendo has to answer for every single one of the dozens and maybe even hundreds of new ways to play the game.

I am in love with this feature and it's really going to require a lot of thinking for how I'll solve each puzzle and how to use everything presented to me to do things. It's going to add so much depth and creativity to puzzles that you can't just think 'oh yeah I'll just do this it'll be easy.' now when there's so many different ways to try to solve a puzzle and only a few right ways to do so.

The craziest part is we don't even know all of the potential ways we can now play the game, there'll be so much to discover and the only way to truly find out is to throw our hat at every single enemy, then learn how to use them and their skills to help you achieve your objective. 

This feature really is going to change this game for the better and it's one of the many MANY things I'm looking forward to in Super Mario Odyssey.

Thanks for reading, let me know what excites you in the comments! Have a nice day!