Ribbon Girl with a Side of Salt.

(Before we begin, yes I'm stealing Scottfalco's idea and just doing it with ARMS characters. That is all. Bye.)

Ah Ribbon Girl, the queen of the sky. As the face of the promo trailer because, let's be real nobody cares about Spring Man, it was her job to show us what ARMS was really about. How the fighters could all be unique while also simple enough to use. So why is it that nobody knows how to dive bomb?

Ribbon Girl is a simple enough concept, you rule the air game, then end. I mean her name is 'The Airess' what did you expect?! Despite this I rarely see her be used to her full potential online. You just need to jump around, bait them into a grab, land quickly. 

Her grab baiting works better than most fighters because Master Mummy is too slow to react to a quick grab and Helix is a 50/50 chance whether or not you'll grab bait them. Most players think when they see any character with a huge air game they can catch them when they land as long as they avoid attack. This only really works for those who don't throw punches at the airborne character and get beat up.

Now if they figure to wait it out it only really works on some Ribbon Girls and Mechanica. Mechanica takes a while to land although her upper hand is that her arms charge in mid-air as for Ribbon Girls who don't dive bomb they can get caught too. Twintelle is fine however because she has that slow down thing.

But back to Ribbon Girl. Her main job is to shut down other air characters and to soar over the grounded characters heads. Because she can jump multiple times she can often outlast other air characters, which normally means she can grab them in their moment of weakness and bring the pain! As for characters on the ground unless you're sure you can hit them (or if they're Master Mummy or Mechanica), DO NOT PUNCH. You'll be left wide open if you miss or they just take the hit because you do not last in the air after punching. 

What you should do is grab bait them by making them think they're tricky, quickly dive bomb, and hit them with your now charged arms. This is where Ribbon Girl's arms come into play. I'll only be talking about her default ones because those are the ones that were built around her character and work very well with what she can accomplish.

Use the sparky for your main grab-punisher. Since it'll normally be charged you'll be able to stun them and hit them with a grab or another attack it's a great way to rack up damage. The other arms you have are the popper and the slapamander. I prefer the slapamander in regular battles because it has better range and can catch enemies off guard with its side strike. But it doesn't really work in the minigames, minus Hedlok Scramble, Hoops, and 1 on 100. The popper is great for Skillshot, since it travels in a straight line and you kinda need that to get a high score. It also works in volleyball with its wide impact area and its reliable and decent range.

Overall Ribbon Girl is a great character. She brings a lot to the game and can be a force to be reckoned with when you remember to dive bomb. That's not to say she doesn't have her flaws, but I like her and she's good in battle so I don't have to worry about completely bombing when I use her online like King DeDeDe in Smash. Seriously his smash attacks are good but he's too slow.

I don't know when I'll continue this. Hopefully before I have to go back to school! And no I'm not doing Pokken characters. I'm not any good at that game so I can't add much, but in ARMS I have a %51 win rate! So clearly I can give tips on how to use a character and criticize characters I hate. Alright that's enough, bye!