Super Mario Odyssey with a grain of Salt.

Let me start off by saying that Super Mario Odyssey may be the greatest game I've ever played and I think that it is easily the Game of the Year. I loved almost every single minute I played the game but there's a million people who will tell you just how incredible the game is, I want to talk about the only real problem I have with the game, the Kingdoms.

Now there will be minor spoilers for how many Kingdoms are in the games but I won't tell you what the Kingdoms are other than the ones that were already revealed in the Direct. So let's get started.

First of all Bonneton, Fossil Falls, and Shiveria are really strong. I can forgive Shiveria because of how it's actually really expansive. Fossil Falls is a decent size but I'd have preferred if it was a bit bigger. Bonneton being so small was a real surprise and made me think for a moment "Can we go to other locations in Kingdoms?" But the answer to that question is a big fat no. 

Fortunately however even Bonneton being the smallest Kingdom is pretty big and it's really not that big of a deal. There's plenty to do and the fact that you can travel through the fog later on makes it much bigger than you might initially think.

Now I want to get into some slightly more major spoilers. I will be talking about two Kingdoms that weren't revealed by Nintendo but aren't really Kingdoms at all. If you're really sensitive to spoilers then don't read this next part but if you're fine with some spoilers or if you've already beaten the game feel free to keep reading.

There are 17 Kingdoms in the game with 13 Kingdoms being revealed (Only 10 being officially revealed while two of them were purely from a map on the Amiibo and one was technically shown in one frame of a random trailer.) So you must be thinking: 5 completely new Kingdoms? That's amazing! Well 3 of the Kingdoms are post game exclusives so there's really 14 Kingdoms. But wait that means there's only three new Kingdoms? (Trust me on my math here.) 

Well two of those Kingdoms are throwaways. They're essentially a few Moons and an arena for, albeit very good, boss battles. What bothers me is that these boss battles take up two entire Kingdoms. Outside of the boss battles they offer very little, with most of their content being unlocked in the post game.

Finally they don't even have a unique race of people. It's just a boss fight and a few Moons. It's a complete waste of the Kingdom title and if they really wanted these to be Kingdoms they could've at least made them more than a glorified arena.

Honestly I really like that you have Kingdoms exclusive to the Post Game, but when it takes up Three of their Seven surprise Kingdoms when two are already throwaways it's really disappointing. I would've liked for some of the Kingdoms to remain surprises like Shiveria and the Island Kingdom.

But then there's a ton of surprises in every Kingdom. Things I never expected from the game and put a huge smile on my face. While I would've loved to experience everything as a surprise they only revealed the general idea of a lot of these Kingdoms. Not all the tons of different bits of content that put a smile on my face. 

So it's really not the end of the world. I just wanted to talk about this because I wish we didn't have two throwaway Kingdoms. But that's all for now, thanks for reading and have a great day! Bye!