E3-2018 Predictions

It's finally that time of year again. Last year Nintendo made announcement after announcement winning E3 in about 30 minutes, and ending with the single greatest trailer ever made.

Nintendo is trying this out again and they've gotten plenty of things they could show off to win E3 once more.

But now what could they bring to the table? What do I think we'll see? What about surprises?

We know for a fact we're seeing Smash 5 in action for the first time ever at the showing. But how much Smash Five?

Well likely it'll take up a good portion of the spotlight, maybe the first few minutes. Just showing off this entirely new game and three new characters while also confirming a ton of old ones like Ice Climbers.

Since even Mario Odyssey was revealed in just a trailer and they didn't stop the show to talk about it more this'll likely be the same. There isn't much time, only about 30 minutes again, so they have to go from one thing to another. No time for interviews or in depth showcases. That is for the Treehouse.

We'll see some third party stuff, I'm going forward and assuming that information about games like Paladins and Fortnite coming to Switch was confirmed. Also 2K19 was very recently accidentally confirmed for switch so that might even appear.

We'll get one more showing of Mario Tennis Aces so it's primed to sell millions in a few weeks.

I'm certain the Octo Expansion will appear and maybe even a trailer showing off a slew of new features like the rumored new ranked mode and more as the final content updates for Splatoon 2.

Here's the biggest longshot. Pikmin 4. I think it's ready and they'll show it off but it just might not appear. Pikmin is famous for not coming out and not being shown to the public.

Metroid Prime 4 will definitely get at least a cool trailer, there might be gameplay depending on how similar it is to the original Prime games. It also depends on how much time they've had to work on the game.

Yoshi has to have a presence here because we haven't seen him since last year and I miss him. Seriously he had a presence in the treehouse but he's been missing.

Fire Emblem for Switch is getting a reveal. They still plan on trying to release it in 2018 but they might have to push it back, I think no matter what they're going to reveal the game here.

Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee might have an appearance but it might not happen. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire appeared at E3 2014 but it was just stuff the Pokémon fan base already knew. This one is 50/50.

The Captain Toad Port will certainly show itself but it'll be gone quickly.

I feel like we'll get something on Mario Odyssey just because it seems like they have plenty more content updates planned, it's the same with Kirby Star Allies. They'll likely show that game's next content drop.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has to show off some of its new DLC soon, assuming that they do in fact have a story ready to show off.

Crash might show up but I'm not certain. Same with Octopath Traveler. We already know so much and they're releasing so soon it just doesn't make sense as to why they'd show up.

There will definitely be a few surprise reveals like maybe some third party exclusives. Animal Crossing could show up, as well as some weird new game like Tomodachi Life 2. Really we have no idea after last year's presentation.

As for 3DS I believe they'll show off the new Mario and Luigi remake in the treehouse and maybe announce some other random game or show off the other two 3DS games they're making. Really it won't have any presence this year.

I can't say I think Bayonetta 3 will show up. They probably haven't been working on it long enough to have anything ready.

It's hard to say what will and won't appear. 30 minutes doesn't leave too much time, but last year they managed to jam pack the show so I'm hopeful.

Thanks so much for reading today's chapter! I hope you enjoyed it.

What games are you hoping to see at E3? Is there anything I missed that you think will appear?

That's all for now, see you next time when I recap E3 with my own thoughts. Thanks for reading and have a great day! Bye!