10

Jodys P.O.V

I woke up half way through the night. I dropped my hand to the side of the bed, I felt someone touching it. With my eyes barely opened I saw a silhouette of a figure it was still dark so I couldn't see much. The only thing I could see properly was the outline of their hair.
"Tyler." I hissed, "What the hell are you doing in here?"
"I don't know myself to be honest."
"What do you mean you don't know?"
"I can't remember why I came in here." he said getting up and walking out, still half asleep, I looked at him and laughed. I turned over and fell back asleep. It was half past 7 by the time I woke up again. I grabbed my phone from my bedside cabinet, Jess had messaged me at 11 last night saying, 'don't fall asleep again on me tomorrow 😂' I couldn't be bothered to reply so, I got changed before walking downstairs. Tyler was downstairs before me, I sat next to him as usual I didn't mention anything about him sleeping in my room. I did really want to know how he actually got in my room without waking me up. Elephants are probably quieter than him.
May-li bounced into the room, she whispered something to Mike, Mike nodded his head.
"I'm pregnant!" She exclaimed.
Everyone stopped what they were doing and just stared.
Alex being Alex said, "So you're having a kid."
"Well never," I sarcastically replied, "What type of pregnant is there you idiot!"
He shrugged his shoulders.
"I call Tyler thick but you take it too the next level!"
"Anyway, Tracy's coming back!" Mike exclaimed.
Only Archie cared, he didn't want May-li to leave at all he was going through the care-worker and mother confusion.
"You aren't leaving yet though?" Archie asked anxiously.
"No not yet, but it'll be easier with 3 of us instead of 2." May-li replied.
Archie looked as if he was going to cry, nobody said anything to him last time someone said something he flipped out. Me and Tyler rushed into the living room, we told Alex and Ryan that we'd win against them in pool, they normally wouldn't agree to play with us but this time they did. We had only just started to play when Tracy showed up.
"You know where everything is we are going to the hospital." Mike whispered.
She laughed before replying very loud, "why are you whispering and why are you going up the hospital?"
Me and Tyler left the living room and chucked the pool cues on the floor.
"We've only just started." Alex shouted towards us.
We completely ignored him and carried on walking in to the hall.
"We're coming with you." Tyler said.
"We are going to be 20 minutes, half an hour tops." Mike replied, "I'll take you up later."
"Fine." I mumbled.
Me and Tyler walked back into the living room.
"Are you going to carry on playing now?" Ryan asked.
"Yeah, and we're going to smash you aren't we Jodes."
"Damn right." I replied confidently
"Let's put a bet on it then," Alex said, "the losers have to do the winners washing up for a week."
Me and Tyler hesitated before replying, "deal!"
They lost.
"That's not fair." Ryan exclaimed, "best of 3!"
"Where's Archie?" Tracy asked walking into the living room.
"He's probably in his room, but I wouldn't go up there if I was you." I said, "I don't think he's up to seeing you right now:
She didn't listen to me and walked upstairs.
"Are we having a best of 3 or what."Alex asked.
"The deal was the loser does the winners washing up for a week, you never said best of 3." Tyler said, "We'll have another game, but you lost so that bets over ."
They walked off.
"Bad losers!" I shouted after them.
Tyler laughed at me.
Archie ran downstairs and into the garden, Tracy followed him.
"I told you not to go up there." I said to her.
She looked at me as if to say 'this isn't the time'.
Mike and May-li pulled up in the car after about an hour . Tracy tried to act calm, even though she had been screaming the house down and had us all running around the house trying to find him. Me and Tyler had seen him, but we decided to keep quiet and leave Tracy deal with her own mess. I think she did start to notice that we'd seen him because we wouldn't leave anyone go behind the shed.
"Half an hour, you said." I told them as soon as they walked through the door.
"It took longer than we thought, we had to wait for her to come out of surgery." May-li replied
"Can you take us up now?" I asked.
"Give it an hour or two, for her to wake up and for the anaesthetic to die down" Mike said.
Me and Tyler agreed and walked upstairs. We spent about 10 minutes trying to find Tylers phone.
"It's going to be in your room." He said walking out of his room, down the corridor and in to mine, "told you."
"Why's it in here?" I asked.
"I needed to borrow your charger last night and then I must have fallen asleep in here."
"You're an absolute idiot." I said laughing.
I picked up my phone that I'd left on my bed and just stared at it.
Tyler looked at me, "What's wrong with you."
I passed him over my phone he read the message from Jess, 'I have a brother, check my file if you think I'm lying.'
"Come on let's go and check her file, bring a clip to pick the cabinet lock." Tyler said.
I picked up a clip from one of my drawers, he took hold of my hand and ran downstairs.
We made sure nobody was near the office before slowly walking in. Tyler took the clip and tried to pick the lock.
"Give it here." I said.
He passed it over. After about 5 minutes of trying, Tyler nudged the side of me. I looked at him, he lifted his eyebrows and looked at the door. I didn't really want to turn around because I was the one trying to pick the lock. I eventually turned around. Tracy was standing my the door with her hands folded. I breathed out heavily.
"What are you two doing?" She asked.
We both stayed silent.
"If you don't tell me you can tell Mike."
"Ok then but we'll just say you've lost Archie on your first day." I hissed.
Tyler looked taken a back when I said that.
She walked out of the office, we followed her.
After having lunch and nagging Mike to take us up the hospital he eventually gave in. He passed me money when we got in to the can.
"What's that for?" I asked.
"You'll have to buy a stress ball or something  like that for her because they want to give her another injection to numb the pain and she throw a fuss over it last time." Mike said, "the hospital phoned earlier as well to say that she'd woken up crying, so you two are on distracting duty."
We ended up buying some ball that when you squeezed it there was a slime bubble. You could tell she'd been crying because her eyes were all red.
"Did you check my file then?" Jess asked.
"Tracy caught us before we'd even opened the cabinet." I said, "why are you only telling us now anyway?"
"I don't know, I thought about it last night, and is May-li actually leaving."
"Yep."Tyler replied
Mike walked in with a doctor behind him. As soon as Jess saw the needle in the doctors pocket her face went white, and she started pushing the doctor away. Mike gave us the heads up to start distracting. We pulled the slime ball out of the bag and chucked it at her.
"What's that?" She asked once she'd calmed down.
"Squeeze it and the first one to pop it wins, you can only do it with your right hand though."I said.
Mike gave the doctors the heads up to give her the injection while she was distracted. Just before the needle went into her arm, Tyler pinched her hard, so she wouldn't feel anything else.
"Ow!" She exclaimed
"Give me the slime thing then." Tyler said.
She passed it over to him, Tyler tried to pop it but failed miserably.
"Oh come on Tyler it's not that difficult." I said.
"Alright, alright queen of strength."
I caught it as he lobed at me. I popped it.
"And done." The doctor said after he'd connected Jess up to a drip with anesthetic.
She started to look abit dazed and confused after being on it for about 10 minutes and after taking the mick out of Tyler, she eventually fell asleep. We had to leave after she fell asleep because we had school in the morning, we did try to persuade Mike to leave us stay off but he said, 'you can't because, once she comes out of the hospital she won't be going to school, and then you two can stay off with her' so we kind of didn't mind having to go in tomorow. I wanted to see if we could get her file again but we decided it wouldn't be the best idea because if Tracy saw us doing it again she probably would tell Mike this time.
We did the same thing as we did everynight, we had only been caught once but that was by Jess, so there wasn't much of a risk of us getting caught. Mike was also the only adult in the house and he could sleep through anything. I did end up falling asleep in Tylers room though and I probably would have slept there all night if he didn't wake me up. I couldn't really see much so it didn't suprise me when I walked into Jay.
"What were you doing?" He asked.
"Nothing, " I hissed, "don't say anything to anyone."