Here

Here

Merle has waited over a half an hour for Daryl to show up. He hasn't. Was he coming? God, he hopes so. He doesn't know anything about takin care of people. Daryl was always the person to take care of their mom and him when they were sick. Never cared if he ended up catching it, just wanted to make sure the people he loved was okay. Merle misses that lil boy. His baby brother, who used I do anything for anyone. Until he changed into the drunk asshole because of their father. And losing their mom. That had done it for him too.

"He's comin' Darlin' don't worry. He'll be here." Merle can't believe he's holding he hand and promising her empty promises that he can't keep. He's worried. Really worried. "Fuck Dural! You need medical help." He calls an ambulance and they pick her up.

At the hospital, Merle paces back and forth. They haven't sent a doctor or a nurse out to him yet an he's worried. He calls and leaves Daryl three voice messages, each one sounding more desperate and scared than the last. He needs his brother here, even if it's for his own concern. While he waits, nurse offers to stitch his nose up, he allows it, even if he hates hospitals. When he's all finished another nurse comes out.

"Mr. Dixon?"

"Yes?"

"Yer friends in her own room now. You can go see her." The nurse urges him to follow him and he does. When he gets to the room, she's still not awake. He sits beside her in a chair an holds her hand.

"I'm sorry bout this Beth. You's a nice girl who didn't deserve any of this shit to happen to ya. He loves you, ya know. Dural. He's messed up without cha. He needs ya and I knows ya need him. Yers his first actual girlfriend. He was crazy bout cha and losin ya made him so depressed. He jus.... gave up." Merle looks at the delicate hand in his hand. So smooth and fragile. She's like a porcelain doll. "I knows, you love him still. I knows it. I knows you want him. You both need each other."

They sit like this for a few more hours and soon, Merle's asleep with his head on the bed and still holding her hand.

Beth's eyes flutter awake. It's midnight now and She feels a rough hand on hers. sitting up she she's it's Merle's. Then somewhere in the shadowing corners of the whole room she feels like she's being watched. She looks around, but her tired eyes fail her.

"He always was a big softy."

She hears it. The rough but calming voice peeking through the silence. Them she sees it. Those two shines blue eyes that captivate her like a hypnotist. She can smell him too. The rugged woods smell mixed with sweat. She thought she'd never have those things back in her life. She was hoping they would pop up somewhere.

Daryl walks out of the dark corner of the room and into the light. He actually shaved so he looks normal, changed into a white tee shirt and his angel vest, skinny jeans and his scuffed boots. Everything about him seems just like he had been when she first crashed into him at the park.

"Daryl..." She almost starts crying. She's missed him so much. Just seeing him feels refreshing and lively.

"Shooo... It's okay." He walks over and sits on the side of the bed. Brushing back a piece of her hair he kisses her. She feels wonderful, the. He pulls back an stops. He can barely see him. "You need to wake up now."

"What? I am awake. Daryl we need to talk..."

"Shoo. It's all gonna be okay, just wake up now."

"What are you talking about! I am awake!" she's so frustrated and her head really hurts. He's more blurry than ever. Everything's blurry. she rubs her eyes, but they don't. Help her.

"I'm here. but you need I wake up, Beth. Please wake up." She looks around he and everything is black. All she can hear is breathing and Daryl repeating, wake up.

"I'm here...."

.............................4 Days Later.................................

"Vitals are all good. And breathing regular. Hopefully she'll wake up soon Mr. Dixon." The nurse says and leaves, but stops when she hears the rough voice.

"Please call me Merle." He goes back to watching her small chest go up and down slowly. He can't believe it's been four days in the hospital, without leaving, and Daryl still hadn't showed up. How could he do that? Drink all day and when he's finally sober, get four or more messages that the woman he loves is in a mini coma, and not come?

He clicks the T.V on and tries to watch Cops, but can't focus. Something is wrong with that boy. He knows it. He wishes his brother would grow the fuck up already and just come be with his girl.

When he thinks he sees her eyes move he shoots up quick in his chair, but realizes it was his imagination. He just wants her awake. He just wants her okay. He just wants Daryl to get here cause he can't take this hospital no more.