If Only We'd Of Known

Sitting in the ER for hours upon hours, no one tells Daryl how Beth is or what's happening. He hasn't got to see her and no one has the decency to even acknowledge is requests. He's on edge, tired, and well beyond worried. Nothing he thinks about is helping. They shouldn't be here at 3:30 in the morning without answers. He shouldn't be worried sick over something if they never tell him what it is.

"Mr. Dixon?" The same asshole who has been doing Beth's saunagrams steps out from behind the ER doors.

"Is Beth okay? How's the baby? Are they alright??" Dr. Matthews places a hand on his shoulder.

"She's fine. I have her on an IV drip for fluids and a heart monitor on both her and the baby. She's also on organic morphine right now for the pain.

"What was the problem? What happened?"

"We're still running tests. There's numerous possibilities for why she was in so much pain. We're just trying to narrow them down."

"Can I see her?"

"Of course. Follow me." Matthews takes him through the ER door and up the hallway to an elevator. When they get to the second floor for maternity, they walk until they get to the last room on the ride hallway from the NICU.

Dr. Matthews allows Daryl to go in and then leaves. Daryl just stares at her laying with her legs curled to the right side of her, laying on her left side with her left arm over her stomach and right arm under her head. He walks over and sits in the chair next to her. He has no tears right now. She looks peaceful, but that's because she's drugged. Her eyes flutter awake. She smiles and the goofiness starts.

"Hi Mr. Vixen." She rolls her head to look at him and pokes his chest.

"Hey Princess Peach."

"No no no, I'm Comet! Cause I always cum after you... bffffs haha. That was dirty of me." He laughs at her and her silliness.

"Haha how ya feelin' goofy?" She grabs his hand and tries to hold it, but ends up playing with his fingers.

"Great. All tingly and warm... oh did I pee myself?" They both look.

"No, that's just the morphine messin with ya brain."

"Can I tell you a secret?" She fake whispers, it's like regular talking, but with the hush noises in between sentence breaks.

"Of course."

"My Dr... He's really good looking! Like really Hot!" Daryl is starting to get pissed off. He knows that she really feels that way. He sits back and she just goes on and on about Dr. Matthews. Daryl can't take it.

"Then why didn't you just marry him! He's been eyeing you up anyway! Coulda had him in a drop of a hat, but y'all went an messed with me first!" He didn't know he started yelling and was really angry right now. Beth sits up and the smile diminishes from her face.

"Why are you mad, Mr. Grumpy Cat?" The silliness is back when she speaks with a baby voice and has her fists on her hips and elbows out.

"Will you jus' stop! I know, you're drugged but I also know you really would rather be with that smart, rich doctor than some dumb redneck contractor from the sticks, you know nothin about!" He takes a breath and and paces the floor. "I feel the only reason yer with me is cause of the baby. If we'd never got pregnant, you would've dropped me in a week, maybe more."

She' coming down from her morphine and now realizes what he's truly saying to her. She feels the pain coming back, but not as strong as before. She listens to him in shock at what he's yelling about.