xxii. reunited - part three

Start from the beginning

"It was a good prank opportunity though," Nash laughed. "He's such a deep sleeper we were able to cover his entire face and body in sharpie and shaving cream."

Ashley laughed, throwing her head back in amusement. "Of course you guys did that."

While everyone was engaged in the conversation, Mahogany stood impatiently.

Mahogany, Sam, and Mike were going to go somewhere tonight, but now that everyone else was there, she felt it was the perfect opportunity to grasp. She'd be able to finally show everyone what her and Sam had been working on for the last two weeks.

Before anyone could continue with the conversation any more, Mahogany shushed them, catching the full attention of everyone.

"We can't just stand here all night, we have somewhere to be!" She said, tapping the top of her watch.

"Where are we going?" Ashley asked.

Sam turned to face Ashley once again, chuckling. "You'll see," He said, his voice suddenly became muffled as he continued, "You're going to have fun, I promise."

--------------------

Flashes of car headlights sped by as they wafted closer to a fence at the end of Rodway Street. Ashley wasn't quite familiar with this part of town before, and she herself was confused as to what they were doing down here in the first place.

"So what are we doing?" She asked, turning to face Sam.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" Sam laughed, "I told you it'd be fun, don't you trust me?"

Ashley sighed and nodded her head, "I trust you."

"Good now shush."

"Okay."

Walking along the old crooked fence, they kept small conversation between each other until they finally came to a small opening that was just big enough to squeeze through, one person at a time.

First Mahogany went, then Matt, and so on. After everyone was through the fence and onto the other side, Mahogany cheered.

"Finally," she said, flipping the hair from her eyes, "I've been wanting to show you all this for a while now."

She turned around and walked through the grass, leading everyone to an old rickety building. It looked as if it had been abandoned for years, and Ashley wondered why on earth Mahogany would want to take anybody there. Matt also wondered why Mahogany would bring them there, and scratched the back of his head in confusion. He didn't say anything though, nor did anybody else. They all knew mahogany, she was the type of person to create fun throughout the weirdest things.

They only walked for a few more minutes before they finally neared the building. Ashley pulling her crimson coloured coat against her skin, becoming more curious as Mahogany and Sam slid the door to the mysterious building, open and stepping in. It was dark, but only for a moment. Sam had walked into the building and flipped on a switch that activated lights, instantly brightening up the entire room. Instantly being met with a medium sized indoor pool. The water was clear, and it smelt like any other normal pool. But it was very old looking, in a very old building, yet it looked like it was just used and clean just hours ago.

"How did you guys find this?" Cameron asked, curious as to whether someone else had been using this pool, or if Mahogany and Sam were the ones who cleaned it and used it.

"I was walking one day and just stumbled across it," Mahogany said. "Literally, the pool was disgusting when I first found it. You could tell it wasn't used in years. But I got Sam and Mike to help me clean it so we could all have our own little recreation centre." She laughed, walking towards the corner of the building.