↬ to love you [g]

the sound of soft knocks echoed throughout grayson's empty house. he got up, opening the door, the coldness of the wind making goosebumps spread throughout his body.

the small figure of his best friend was placed on the other side of the door, her eyes absent of their spark, her shoulders slumping, her crimson lips pouting.

it's like every ache in grayson's body had vanished when he saw her, it's like he had forgotten about himself. "come in." he invited, standing away from the door for her to walk in.

she did, walking to the dining room and plopping on one of the beige chairs surrounding the rectangular shaped table. grayson followed along, sitting on the chair facing her directly, "sweetheart, you look a little tired." he whispered, as her purely brown eyes locked with his hazel ones, "tell me, is something wrong?" he had said, his voice barely above a whisper. his hand outstretched and made contact with her damp cheek, "when did you last eat?" grayson's lips tugged upwards forming a sweet smile.

"something happened, i didn't know who else to turn to." she said, her honey like voice playing like a soft melody to grayson's ears. "if something's wrong, you can count on me." he pushed a chocolate brown strand of her hair behind her ear, and placed his hands down on his lap.

"i know." a smile threaded against her soft lips, tugging at grayson's heart.

a comfortable silence floated through the air, grayson's eyes were fixated on her, as she had her attention fixated on her shoes. i will love you without any strings attached.

"it's okay if you can't find the words." grayson said, making her brown eyes snap back to him.

her eyes started to water, grayson could tell she was trying her hardest not to cry. he opened up his arms, and she got up from her seat and threw her arms around his neck, holding onto him dearly.

he could feel that his shirt started soaking, so his hand rubbed up and down against her small back, comforting her. "it's okay." he whispered.

they sat there for what felt like centuries, and for a moment each of them felt peace, felt like the storm inside them had calmed down. she let go of him, rubbing her hand against her cheeks rather roughly, she got up and grabbed a tissue. grayson got up behind her, "let me take your coat, stay as long as you need." grayson helped her take off her coat as she thanked him, and he placed the coat neatly on one of the chairs.

the pair eventually found themselves in grayson's room on his bed, "tell me where it hurts." he said, fiddling with the snow like, white blanket, "what happened?" his eyes darted up to hers.

;

inspired by the song 'two'
by 'sleeping at last' , i obviously
didn't finish this bc ngl my mind
is blank rn, so idk part two maybe?
or you could complete this in the
comments! get you imaginations running!

🍯; stay safe and hydrated, loves.