↬ rooftops [vol.2]

i shiver at the cold breeze that passes by when my brother turns on the air conditioner,

"what are we watching?" i asked him when he jumped onto the couch, "mebeforeyou" he says so quickly its barely audible and comprehensible.

"the fuck was that?" my eyebrows scrunch in confusion waiting for him to repeat,

"me. before. you" he says shamefully.

i stay silent for a second then burst out into a fit of laughter, he stays silent though.

"no seriously, what are we watching?" i ask after i stopped laughing, he rolls his eyes and plays the movie ignoring my existence, and to my surprise, he was serious.

my brother has always been the more muscular type of guy, he goes to the gym everyday, watches wwe, fast and furious, and i've never seen him turn soft, so this was a shocker.

"my girlfriend and i broke up." he explains shrugging, not taking his eyes off of the screen, i mean, kinda made sense in a way.

"i'm sorry." i whisper. but i don't look at him and he doesn't either.

in the middle of the movie my thoughts rake over, i -for some reason- start thinking of the boy from next door, maybe he'll climb out to his rooftop tonight?

maybe i will coincidentally do that too.

i nod my head at the thought.

"wake up!" i feel my body shake, i snap my eyes open finding my asshole of a brother shaking my body unforgivably, i punch him and he stops, then starts to ramble about how i slept in the middle of the movie and how heavy my sleep is. i pick up my phone as he still fucking rambles and i check the time, 2:45 am , the my eyes widen when i realize that i might miss grayson.

so i jump off of the couch and my brother yells "hey! i was talking bitch!" but i ignore him. i reach the door to my room and i open it slowly. i walk up to my window and open it feeling the familiar cold breeze hit my face, my toes touch the cold rooftop as i creepily walk out and sit down,

"hey" a familiar voice says and i cheer mentally.

"oh, hey" i try to play it off cool, as if this was a coincidence,

"i was about to go in" he chuckles and i look at him, my eyes capturing his gaze, his beautiful eyes captivating in the moonlight, his hair ruffled like he just got out of bed.

"why did you get out here tonight?" i ask,

"i felt trapped"

"how come?"

"i needed a change of scenery, this was the closest thing to 'a change of scenery' " he quotes with his hands chuckling and i chuckle too.

"what about you?" he asks looking over at me.

"oh, i come out here almost every night" this wasn't as much of a lie as you might think, i mean, i do come out here alot, but i came out here tonight for a different reason.

"no specific reason?" he pushes, his warm eyes gazing at me, i lost myself in his eyes. to the point where i think he noticed because i froze for a bit before answering,

"not really" i smile looking up at the sky, admiring how beautiful it is, but then i look over at him, and i realize how beautiful he is, he is as beautiful as the captivating sky. the stars looked like the sparkle in his eyes, and the moon looked like the beauty of his soul.

"i have to get in now," he smiles apologetically, and something inside me deflates.

"goodnight, moonlight."

;
FINALLY! A SEQUEL TO 'ROOFTOPS' YAY.