↬ the man she loved [e]

soft giggles would escape both of the young kids' mouth that's covered with their hands, laughing at ethan's twin brother as they hid from him in their closet, the young boy searched and sighed in frustration at his failed attempt at finding ethan and y|n, "i give up" he yelled grunting, and both ethan and y|n jumped out of the tiny closet scaring the boy, he flinched due to being scared and they all broke into a fit of laughter. she had looked at ethan that day, she started developing a crush for him even though she hadn't realized yet due to their young age, but she did, she liked him.

she ruffled his hair as they stood in the school's hallway, prom was coming up and she was hoping she could ask him, or the other way around, but 'would it be weird to ask your best friend to prom?' her mind raced, but her heart knew if he indeed did ask her, she wouldn't have said no, because her little crush for this boy turned to something even more, she started developing feelings for the boy, but she couldn't say anything, she thought, 'no, he doesn't like me like that, we're just friends and he knows that' but she didn't want to just be friends with ethan, she wanted more, she wanted him.

but she was sure he didn't like her, she didn't want to risk ruing her friendship with ethan with a relationship, as much as she wanted more, she had self control over herself pretty well.

she didn't want to pick up broken pieces of her heart again, because of how many girls ethan's been with, he'd always come to her to talk about "girl problems" and "where should our first date be? what do you think she'll like?" , he didn't realize how much he was hurting her by just being with someone else, he was unaware of her feelings towards him, 'but maybe thats whats best for us' she thought.

"guess what?" he said with enthusiasm lacing his voice, eyes sparkling as he smiled.

"what?" y|n replied smiling.

"i'm asking veronica to prom" he said, still a smile plastered on his face,

but y|n wasn't smiling anymore, and when she realized she wasn't, she put on a fake smile so her best friend wouldn't sense anything, so he wouldn't sense how these words broke her, again.

"what's wrong? you okay?" but ethan knew her too well, he knew something was bothering her.

"uh just a stomach cramp, i'm fine now" she smiled a fake smile to convince ethan that she was fine, and that seemed to work, maybe he doesn't know her too well after all.

she fixed his tie for him, smiling genuinely at how handsome he looked in his black tux that fitted his body perfectly, showing off his muscles and his broad shoulders, he looked amazing,

"there we are" she muttered to herself as she finished fixing the tie, averting her gaze to his hazel orbs, getting lost in them, but she couldn't do this to him, he's going to walk down the aisle to marry someone else.

someone who isn't her.

"i just wanted to say .." she trails off, looking at the ground as ethan smiles waiting for her to speak again,

she debated on wether or not to tell him, tell him how she still loves him, how she can't get over him, how he's the man for her, how he's the man she loved.

"i am so proud of you, i hope you and your soon to be wife a happy journey," so she said that instead, because she loves him, she can't be selfish and ruin his happiness.

"aw, thank you, love." he smiled, hugging her tiny figure in his muscular body, as she laid her head on his shoulder, a tear slipping down her cheek.

she sniffled pulling away, then rubbed her cheek slightly and looked at him one last time as she held his face in her tiny hands giving him a broken, weak smile, and nodding slightly. then she walked away.

she saw the man she loved walk down the aisle, her heart still wrenching but she was happy for him, and actually, seeing him walk down the aisle and marry someone else was a killer to her feelings towards him, but no matter what.

he was still, the man the she loved.
and he always will be.

oo idk if this sucks but keep in mind that its like 11 and i am so tired bc i have school tmw.
i wrote half of this chapter this afternoon but i just remembered that i should complete it,
cuz ya'll deserve a good emotional chapter eek