14: The Search For My Father

"What the hell are we going to do?" Nick roared.

 "Oh, wait, I got it. We'll try again but then it if we try again, we'll lose again!"

 "Sir, I know that there's been a little misunderstanding," Tony started.

 "No, you don't get it, Stark. You all don't get it! We need to know what Doom is planning. And what he's planning seems to be in progress because you know why? Because, if we don't capture at least one Doom's minions, then were toast and the whole world is in Doom's hands and you know who's fault is it? Me."

 "And if we don't, we'll never know the fate of my father," I stated.

 "Wow, Serenity. You really think that joining the Avengers will lead you to your father?"

 "I never said that."

 "Well, it looks like you're thinking it's true. You're thinking that if you're with S.H.I.E.L.D, you can somehow get close to your father and try to find him. Well, guess what? He's gone, Serenity. End of story. We can't find him, then he's no longer on Earth."

 "How do you even know it's true?" Natasha challenged.

 "I don't know, Nat. I just don't know. What I wanna know is WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T WE STOPPED DOOM YET?"

 "Jeez, can you cut the yelling?" Hawkeye growled.

 "I WANT PEOPLE TO BE SAFE, BARTON!" Nick roared.

 That's when it hit me.

 Why was I with them when they trained me with all this stuff that I can look for my father on my own?

 So I broke the crowd.

 I ran away to the exit of the Helicarrier.

 "Sereni!"

 Hawkeye started after me.

 "I'll be fine on my own, Hawkeye," I called back. "I don't need you guys in my life. I can find him myself!"

 So, I exited the Helicarrier and was gone.

 ********

 I was on top of a building, looking down at the battle scene where we faced off with Killer Croc and Lizard.

 I scowled.

 Where the hell was Lizard?

 Something to my right swirled colorful lights.

 I turned to my right where the colors were fuming.

 I looked down.

 That's when a portal popped up.

 It was the same portal that Lizard created for him and Killer Croc to escape.

 Someone was coming out.

 I ducked my head a little.

 It was Atrocitus and Sinestro.

 They both sneered and grinned.

 "You think that Archer kid will be here?" Sinestro asked Atrocitus.

 Atrocitus shrugged.

 "I don't know. As long as we have the kid, they'll be out of our way."

 Hmm, seems like they want me for something.

 I didn't care.

 As long as they had information on my father, I was fine.

 They entered back into the portal.

 As soon as they did, I slowly took the stairs down and entered the portal myself.