7: Training

Look, I've seen plenty of aircrafts or whatever the heck you call those that fly in the air. I mean, they're everywhere in movies!

 Only this one was WAY different.

 First, it was HUGE! Basically, picture the Super Bowl Stadium.

 Second, there were millions of rooms. I'm not kidding. There was rooms that were bedrooms, a patient room and a experiment room. At least, that's what Tony told me.

 As soon as I entered the Helicarrier (that's what Hawkeye and his friends call it), I wanted to explore the whole place.

 Only Hawkeye held onto my arm so I couldn't go and venture out.

 He and his buddies (I really honestly don't know what they are to him) took me to a room that held many computers with people furiously typing on them. There was also a BIG window that showed the night sky. Stairs led down to the computer area. A big center floor held a commanding post.

 A man leaned on a rail that connected to the stairs. He was wearing all black. When he turned around, I gasped at his black eye patch where scars punctured the skin.

 "Serenity Lewis," the man said.

 He came up to me. He smiled.

 "My goodness, you're the Archer's kid!"

 He hugged me tightly.

 I blew out air (it really squeezed me!). I struggled to capture more air.

 He let me go. He glanced at me some more.

 "My word, you've grown! It's been a while since I've last seen your father. How's your mother?"

 "Good," I said, frowning. "You know my father?"

 "I do, kiddo. Your father was best buddies with me. I knew he had a kid and all but to see you in first sight is such an honor."

 "Do you know where he is?"

 "Sadly, no. I haven't seen him ever since he went off to marry your mom. He use to call me but now he doesn't anymore ever since he dropped out of S.H.I.E.L.D and that stinkin Sharp Shooter guy came."

 "S.H.I.E.L.D?"

 "It's something that I run. You see, your dad use to work for S.H.I.E.L.D. Only when the Sharp Shooter came, he had to change his life around."

 "Yeah, that Sharp Shooter guy was a real pain in the butt."

 "Hawkeye told me about the bow incident."

 "I see that he did," I said, eyeing Hawkeye carefully.

 "I was going to send him and Black Widow to assasinate you at first because I thought you were some kind of archer enemy but something told me to just go ahead and snatch you over here. That's good though. We can teach you things your dad was taught here."

 "We can?" Hawkeye and his buddies squeal.

 The man glared and rolled his eyes at them.

 "Yes, we can. Besides, I bet that Doctor Doom might be coming after you so it's better if you train here a bit."

 "Um, how would the schedule be?"

 "Simple. Your Saturdays and Sundays will be off, knowing that you have family and friends. Um, do you have a job?"

 "Yeah, I work part time at the night time."

 "That's great. You can come in the morning to train and be able to get to work still."