With a sigh I turn and head back to the living room, ready to turn the television on when a knock on the door echoes from down the hall. I scrunch my eyebrows, glancing at the clock on the wall to see it's quarter passed 8. Niall hadn't mentioned he was expecting anyone.

A feeling of fear washes over me and a churning erupts in my stomach. I had no idea why I was so nervous right now, I used to live with just another girl before and would answer the door all the time. Maybe I was afraid because I had become dependant on Niall, but he wasn't here.

Shuffling over to the heavy wooden door, I press my ear against it and silently listen. For whatever reason, Niall's door didn't have a peephole and I wasn't about to just open it to anybody.

When another knock rumbles against the wood I jump, biting into my lip and lifting my hands to rest against the hard surface.

"Hello?" I call quietly, waiting silently for a response.

"Niall?"

I frown, wishing desperately that I could look without opening the door.

"Who is it?" I ask, my fingers lingering over the lock chain. The door wasn't currently locked, but if I did it too quickly whoever was behind the door would be able to hear it and I didn't want anyone pushing their way in.

"Nate, I'm a friend of Niall's."

The voice sounds friendly enough, and I'm sure he must truly be a friend if he knew where Niall's apartment was.

Taking a deep breath and pushing my worries away, I slowly open the door.

My feet immediately take a small step back once the barrier between us is gone.

The voice I spoke to, belongs to a shorter guy with sandy brown hair and sharp eyes. He looks kind, and stands directly in front of me. But what worries me is the look of despair, possibly regret on his face.

The man standing next to him however, looks anything but friendly.

His greasy black hair is slicked back, long strands continue to fall over his eyes though. He's average height, but definitely taller than me. His cheeks are thin, so much so that the bones are visible. A shiver courses down my back when his pale lips curve into a smirk, his shoulder dropping to lean against the door frame.

"And who do we have here?" He wickedly snarls, tongue gliding over his lips. I feel sick, my head spinning. Out of instinct I place a hand over my stomach, hiding myself slightly behind the door.

Both men glance down at my actions, eyes landing on the roundness of my stomach. Nate's eyes pop and the creepy man's mouth opens, a sickly laugh filling the room.

"She's knocked up!" He yells in a high pitched squeal, still laughing and clutching a hand to the doorframe. His body moves forward slightly from his movements of grabbing the door and I take a haste step back, shrieking as he takes ahold of my upper arm.

"Get off!" I yell, yanking away from him.

"Easy now doll," He chuckles, attempting to walk into the apartment. Nate grabs him by the shoulder to stop him and I silently praise him for it. My heart was thumping wildly, my palms sweating. I would not let anyone hurt my child.

"Leave, now." I demand, shoving at the door until it's almost completely closed. The greasy haired man moves his foot in between, stopping me from putting the barrier back between us.

"You'll tell Niall I stopped by, yeah?" I can feel myself physically shaking when he reaches a hand out, a bony finger stroking my cheek. I turn my face away from him, feeling a lone tear trickle down my cheek.