Danny Almond could wait, I told myself I wanted to have an answer. And I was stupid enough to ruin it because deep inside I knew I was afraid to admit that Luke might have the effect on me.

I was in his room after we went back, and when I was jumping out from his trunk, I slipped and nearly hit my head on the ground. He was there, holding me when I was the damsel in distressed being rescued by the love of my life, and he even dared to show concern with his sky eyes. My heart thumped too fast and too wild, alerting me with full cautions.

I was afraid of that, and I wouldn't admit I had a special feeling for him. That's why I was acting like a complete prick towards him so that I could feel normal again and went back becoming the cold-hearted music director and producer, not this lovey dovey boy who too scared to act on his feeling.

The night was eerie, the foggy wind froze my body and damped my spirit as I walked out from the door. I was just about to go all wild goose chase for Luke when I noticed a pair of icy eyes landed on me. Luke stood there under a willow tree, breathing steadily as his chest rose outwards and inwards. His stance was strong and domineering, tipping his pink hat over his face, he ignored me.

I shamelessly walked towards him, both of us didn't dare to speak first and we let the night crickets to sing away our silence. Soon, neither of us talked when I found out his hand was caressing my cheek and I leaned into it.

His thumbs were tickling the skin just below my ear, while his other fingers were threaded lightly into my hair. I let him, feeling his tender touch that made my nerves went serene.

God, he knew how to fire me up.

"Luke, I can't... I'm not ready..." I pulled back, taking his hand into mine and playing with his rough and long fingers. He nodded understandingly and smiled for me to continue, he was ready for me to blabber whatever I wanted.

I waited, meeting his cautious blue eyes with my dazed hazel.

"Are we good for now?" I asked with a softer tone, hoping he knew I wasn't doing it purposely. He might not know what had happened to me in the past but I hope he would understand that I didn't want a relationship, for now.

"Sure," Luke took my face again, giving me a gently kiss on my forehead.

"Ready to go?" He asked, guiding me to his truck. I shook my head and he was confused, "I need to talk to the boy that I've been drooling all over him." Luke gave me a mocked face as he felt offended, I rolled my eyes and dashed back into the restaurant.

Inside, Danny Almond was ready to pack up and go home. I adjusted my clothes to make it more presentative - I doubted that since I was wearing a flannel shirt with a pair of torn jeans, Luke's jeans. He looked up when I stood in front of him, "hello."

"Evenin' stranger," Danny darted his caramel eyes between my face, making sure he didn't recognize me from somewhere. His jet black hair was combed to a neat and smart style, or you could say old-fashioned. Note to self to get rid of this hairdo.

"My name is Tristan Rince, nice to meet you," I held out my hand and he paused for a bit before shaking it, "Danny Almond."

"I am from LA," something flashed across his eyes and I believed I found the right DA, "and I am the Hollywood music director and producer of 'One Hit Wonder' show, I believe you are..."

Next thing I knew I was being forced to a corner by an muscular arm wrapped over my neck, nearly suffocated. I coughed and glared at the idiot, how could he treat me like his cow, dragging me everywhere out of will with his pistols. 

"What the fuck?" I coughed even harder, wanting to get the feeling of breathless out from my system.

"Please don't ever come to see me again," he hissed, "don't tell anyone here that I went there and won a show. I beg you, keep this as a secret and I do not need any record deal." 

I had thousands of questions to ask but he was faster, I would believe he freaking transported himself if I didn't see the door wide opened.

What was that?

This was unusual, why would Danny Almond acted like he'd seen a ghost, or worse, he did see it. And apparently it must be something about what Jasper had told me before, or was it Kellan?

This land had a secret and I knew it.

                                                                 ~*End of Chapter Nine*~

Vote & Comment & Share If You Like It!

By OMGguyLOL

All Rights Reserved.