Chapter 19

Farrah Pike sat at her desk in her quarters on the Enterprise. She was reading on her data pad about old Federation ships that had gone missing with interesting circumstances.

She was just getting to the good part about the U.S.S Valiant when her video communicator beeped alerting her to an incoming call.

The communicator automatically connected to her viewing screen when she was in the room so she looked up and wasn't surprised who was calling.

It was her father.

Everyone else she would talk to was either on their own ship or on the Enterprise with her now.

It has only been two and a half weeks since they left Earth; it was also just over three weeks since possibly the most...embarrassing moment of her life...

Jim Kirk pulled up in front of Farrah's building on his motorcycle, he turned it off as they both pulled off their helmets and got off the bike.

"I had a lot of fun," Farrah said to Jim while putting 'her' helmet underneath the seat for storing.

"So did I," Jim replied grinning at her and coming around to her side of the bike and wrapping an arm around her waist and tugging her closer to him.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Farrah replied with a smirk tipping her head down a bit.

"Oh you will, will you?" Jim replied raising an eyebrow but he was actually ecstatic that he'd be seeing her again so soon.

They had been going out for over four months now and in that time Jim had found himself to be more than attached to Farrah, he thought he might even be in love with her. But they hadn't said those three little yet big words yet.

And something new for him was that they hadn't had sex yet, it was different because he found himself liking Farrah for everything else about her and not just the physical aspects.

"Mhmm," Farrah replied with a cheeky grin.

"Well, I'll only see you tomorrow if you tell me what the board wanted with you, "Jim replied casually but immediately Farrah's lighthearted mood became serious.

"Jim, I told you already, I can't tell you," Farrah replied sounding regretful.

She truly did want to tell him about the offer that the board had made her but remembered their warning every time she even thought about it. Her place on the Enterprise meant a lot of her. She hadn't accepted the offer when they had gotten back to her and given her a few more details of what the mission was...

In fact it was actually Admiral Marcus who had video conferenced with her about it. She had met the man many times before, her father often had him over for dinner and Farrah had cooked for them. She didn't know him as Admiral Marcus head of Starfleet. She knew him as Alexander Marcus, her father's mentor and friend.

She had begun to see the man as sort of an uncle, even though he was actually her godfather. A fact she hadn't known when she first met him at her mother's funeral. Apparently just before she'd been born he'd moved with his family to London for a job in the Starfleet base there. She wasn't sure what the job was, heck her father didn't seem to know either but it didn't seem all that important anyways.

Then right before her mother had died, he and his family moved back to California. An interesting coincidence if she said so.

After she had spent over seven months in grief and depression over her mother's death she had been re-introduced to Alexander Marcus.