Chapter 14

On Delta Vega, Jim and Older Spock finally made it to the Starfleet outpost.

Jim pulled open the doorway letting Older Spock in ahead of him.

Spock walks inside the metal hallway as Jim pulls the door closed behind them.

They hear an alien language being said as Kirk pushes off his hood and yells, "Hello!"

They hear the sound of something metal falling to the ground before a small man appears at the end of the hall and starts to jog towards them.

Older Spock takes off his hood as they see a small green alien slow to a walk as he comes towards them with large black goggles that he takes of revealing just as black eyes.

He studies them for a few moments before gesturing for them to follow him through the outpost.

As they followed the small alien man, Jim couldn't help but wish he were back in the Enterprise, though wishing would get him nowhere.

After the mind meld with Older Spock, Jim could not deny the man he was walking beside now was really the bastard that sent him here. He would call it fate if he believed in any of that stuff. What are the odds that the Spock he knew, would send him here to Delta Vega. Where he would met his older and alternate self? Though he had to admit, he liked this Spock better than the one currently commanding the Enterprise.

He also couldn't stop his thoughts from thinking about Farrah, he wasnt angry with her, that much he had decided earlier. But now he had some new information, courtesy of Older Spock that left him..troubled.

He had never thought of himself as the type to get married, that would ever get married. He was only twenty-four, but already had a clear idea of what he wanted in life.

Or what he thought was clear...

Because if he thought really hard about it, nothing about it was clear. He had not planned on joining Starfleet, but one bar brawl had him signing up the very same day. All because of Captain Pikes words, and Farrah's. He hadn't really believed what the Captain was telling him until Farrah had walked out of the shadows all mysterious. He was doubtful until she told him that the Captain really did see something in him, and just like that, he believed.

So if he was going to one day get married, he was glad it was going to be her. She was pretty great, what he had seen of her anyways. He planned that after this whole mess with Nero was over, he would pursue her.

If they survived that is.

But Older Spock also said that things were no longer certain to be the same, but he was going to try his best to see that he and Farrah did have a relationship. Maybe not marriage, but something stronger than just a simple friendship.

The three of men walked inside a large room; around them was huge machinery producing heat, water and a host of other necessities for the outpost staff.

That seemed to consist of only the alien they were following and a Starfleet officer leaning back with his feet propped up on a console sound asleep.

The small alien tapped the man on the foot without hesitation causing him to wake up, "What?" He questioned his alien friend before noticing Jim and Older Spock,"You realize how unacceptable this is?" He claimed, his voice heavy with a Scottish accent.

"Fascinating," Spock Prime commented looking at the annoyed man.

"What?" Jim asked turning towards Spock Prime more than slightly confused.

"Yeah, I'm sure you're just doing your job, but could you not come a wee bit sooner?" The man said ignoring them taking his feet off the console and straightening up, "Six months I've been here, living off Starfleet protein nibs and a promise of a good meal," He told them picking up a small bag full of protein nibs and tossing them away.