Chapter 1

Inside a hospital room, a woman was being tended to by three mid-wives while her husband held her hand.

"One more push honey! You can do it!" Christopher Pike said to his wife Vera Noël Pike.

Vera screamed another time, her face scrunching up in pain as she gripped even tighter to her husband's hand as she gave one final push.

"It's a girl!" The Midwife announced as she took the baby in her worn and wrinkled hands to a table covered in cloth and cleaned her off.

Another younger mid wife came from the side and scanned the baby for any complications and seeing none gave the older mid-wife a nod and a small smile.

The older mid wife nodded to her and gently picked up the baby again and brought her back over to Vera who was just checked herself by the third mid wife.

Seeing that Vera was fine the oldest mid wife in the room, the one carrying the newborn gently handed the baby girl to Vera and smiled before stepping back and leaving the room with the other mid wives.

"It's a girl." Christopher Pike said happily looking down at his newborn daughter with joy.

He and his wife had wanted it to be a surprise and so opted to wait until the birth to find out the gender.

"She's beautiful." Vera whispered with tears in her eyes as she smiled through her exhaustion at her daughter.

Christopher smiled at his wife and kissed her on the top of her head not even caring that it was soaked in sweat.

"We did good huh?" He said to his wife as she looked up at him.

"'We?'" She repeated with a raised eyebrow. "I'm sorry; we're you the one who just had to go through twenty-six hours of labor?"

"Hey! I had my hand squeezed for those twenty-six hours." He replied with a small smile.

Vera just gave him a look that said: That-didn't-even-compare-to-what-I-just-went-throu gh.

Christopher raised his hands in defeat before they he looked back down at their daughter, she was perfect to them.

"What are we going to name her?" Vera asked him as they looked down as she squirmed in her mother's hold.

They had discussed names for boys and girls but they couldn't decide on a name. It changed almost every day after they had a chance to sleep on it they woke up not liking the names anymore.

"I'm not sure." Christopher replied as he looked at his wife.

"Well, we don't have to decide now." Vera said to him.

"Alright. Sounds like a plan." Christopher replied with a smile.

"Would you like to hold her?" Vera asked him.

"Sure." He replied softly.

Vera gently raised her arms towards Christopher and he gently pulled the baby out of her arms.

"Watch her head." Vera said nervously to him.

"I know what I'm doing honey." Christopher said to her with a light annoyance in his voice.

He looked back down at his daughter and rocked her back and forth in his arms when the most amazing thing happened, at least the most amazing thing to him.

His daughter opened her eyes and looked up at him.

He smiled at her in joy and then said to her. "Hi little girl. I'm your daddy."

"How about the name Jade?" Christopher asked his wife.

"Jade? I think it's beautiful but I also think that should be her middle name. What made you come up with that one? I don't remember it being in our ideas." Vera replied looking up at him.

"Alright. Her middle name is Jade then. And I got the name because of her eyes." Christopher explained with a smile.

"Her eyes?" Vera repeated curiously.

"There the color of jade. Look." Christopher said to her looking at their daughter and dipping his arms closer so Vera could get a better look at them.

Vera looked in to her daughter's eyes and was surprised to find they were indeed the color of a jade stone. It was not so strange that she had green eyes, Vera had them too and her mother before her did, she just expected them to be the blue grey of her husbands, perhaps when she grew hair it would be black like his instead of her own blonde, they would only be left wondering as she was completely bald for now.

"There beautiful." Vera said aloud. "She's beautiful."

"Why don't we name her after your sister then?" Christopher said to his wife.

"I suppose we could." She replied with a small smile. "Only if it's alright with you." She said to her husband.

"It's perfect for her, "Christopher said to Vera while looking at his daughter.

Vera's sister had passed away when she was only twelve years old in an car accident that killed her and both of their parents. She was only sixteen at the time and at a friend's house. They were on their way to pick her up and she couldn't help but feel guilty about what had happened.

That was why she had joined Starfleet as a field medic, so she could help people all over the universe. It was also where she met her husband. He had been a lieutenant that was just a little too cocky and got in a fight with another officer that landed him in the med bay where she tended to his injuries.

And the next thing she knew she was in love with him.

"Farrah Jade Pike." Vera whispered. "I like it." She told Christopher with a smile.

"Hello Farrah." Christopher said to her as the two parents looked at her in happiness.

Hope you liked it!