Chapter 4

Iowa, 2255

Nyota Uhura and Farrah Pike walked inside the bar that was pumping with music. They and quite a few of their classmates had come to celebrate the finishing of their first year. Nyota had her hair down with two pieces twisted from the front and tied in the back with a red dress and red heels. Farrah had her hair straight and down with a black dress and black heels.

Farrah had come to Iowa because the Enterprise was being built at the shipyard. Farrah's father would be the Captain of the fantastic ship and so stayed close to it to see the progress of its building and since they didn't have to go back to the academy for a week she came to visit him, Nyota and some of their cadet friends ended up just tagging along with her. Tonight being their last night until they had to go back to San Francisco instead of having a night's rest they decided to party on their last night of freedom.

In the year that had passed she had gotten better in her combat training, not as great as she would like which was why she was taking it again in her second year. She had finally been able to beat Nyota in a hand to hand fight but had a feeling Nyota was going easy on her.

She had also figured out what she wanted to be as well, her skills were perfect for the job of a Tactical officer and so that was what she was pursuing now.

Farrah had spent the day touring the Enterprise with her father, He said it would be finished in three more years but already it looked amazing. Then he had to leave to fill out some paper work and they parted ways. She was nineteen now, having had a birthday a few months ago so it wasn't like he had to know where she was at all times.

The two of them had gotten a hotel room to share a few miles from the shipyard for the week. Gaila had stayed in San Francisco for the week off, Farrah and Nyota had asked her to come with them, but she had said she wanted to stay.

"Hey! Hi!" The two girls said to some of their friends as they came over to them.

"How are you guys?" One of the girls at the table, Gara her name was asked them.

"We're good. How about you?" Farrah asked her.

"So glad that the first year is finally over!" She shouted holding up her beer and other people cheered in appreciation and clinked their glasses with hers, Farrah and Nyota cheering along with them.

"Ny! I'm going to go get us some more drinks!" Farrah shouted to Nyota and gesturing around the table at the many empty glasses.

"Alright! I'll be here!" Nyota said to getting up and taking a seat beside Gara.

Farrah nodded waved at the table and headed away from the table and headed over to the bar weaving through the people till she came to a stop and leaned over the counter at an open space next to an alien and picked up a menu to order drinks from.

James Kirk was sitting at a table nursing his fifth beer that night when two beautiful women walked inside the bar. The first one to enter was a beautiful black woman who turned and smiled at the blonde walking behind her. They were both equally beautiful and he watched them as they went over to a table with many people who were not the usual inhabitants of this bar, he should know as he spent quite a bit of his time here. Watching them interact with the others at the table he knew they were most likely cadets, he was smart enough to know that they had the week off and with the shipyard only a few miles from here it was the perfect place to let loose.

The girls conversed with the people at the table and suddenly everyone cheered and raised there glasses in celebration. The two of them cheered together before the blonde said something to the girl she had come with and waved at the table before getting up and weaving through the crowds heading towards the bar. Jim continued to watch her go finding her to be the perfect opportunity. He brought his glass to his lips and downed the rest of it before getting up and walking over to the bar just catching what she was ordering as she leaned against the bar beside an alien.