Chapter 6

3 years later.

The Narada, a Romulan civilian mining vessel under the command of Nero flew through the stars towards their designated trajectory.

Inside, Nero laid on a slab staring up at the ceiling. It was almost time, he had waited twenty-five years and his patience was running out.

Suddenly the doors opened and a Romulan man came into the room. "Captain Nero! You've been requested on the Bridge, sir. Ayel says its time," He told Nero.

Nero listened to what the man said and although he did not smile, for he had not smiled in twenty-five years, his lips twitched slightly in satisfaction and his dark eyes somehow became even darker before he sat up and made his way to the bridge.

"Sir, we've arrived at the coordinates you calculated. There's nothing here," Ayel, Nero's first officer said to him as he walked on the bridge.

"What are your orders?" Ayel asked following his Captain as he walked up the stairs towards the window, where a projection of a spinning green flux centered around a single point.

"We wait...We wait for the one who allowed our home to be destroyed, as we've been doing for 25 years," Nero replied staring out the window and to the spot in space where the one he spoke of would surely appear at any moment.

"And once we've killed him?" Ayel asked Nero wondering what they would do once their revenge had been satisfied.

"Kill him?" Nero repeated turning around from the window and looking at Ayel with a shake of his head. "I'm not gonna kill him. I'm gonna make him watch," He explained with barely contained fury though his voice was level, his fists clenched in anger.

Ayel nodded before their was a rumble and flash of lightning, Nero whipped around back to the window as a dark, black hole began to form and a white ship fell through heading straight for the Narada.

"Capture that ship!" Nero yelled out to his disciples, finally the waiting was over, but his revenge had only just begun.

"Welcome back, Spock." He whispered to himself as his eyes narrowed at the ship.

On earth in San Francisco at the Starfleet Academy, Leonard McCoy and Jim Kirk exited the building and began walking down the steps in their red cadet uniforms.

"Why are you so happy?" Leonard asked the man who had become his friend ever since they met on the shuttle three years ago.

Kirk laughed and smiled at him, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"No, I don't suppose you do," Leonard replied with a sigh for even asking what he was up to, he should have known he wouldn't get an answer.

Farrah Pike made her way up the same steps to head inside the building to meet her friend Nyota in the lab. She saw Jim Kirk and Lenny walking her way and waved, "Hey Lenny!" She said to him with a big smile on her face.

"Hi." He said to her as he walked past her still annoyed with Jim. She didnt take it personaly, she was used to his stand offish behaviour sometimes, mostly when he was around Kirk.

Leonard knew all about the deal Farrah and Jim had made, so made a point to keep her name a secret from Jim until she told him. Not once did Jim ever ask Leonard what it was, obviously keeping to the challenge of finding out what it was when he graduated.

"Hello there! Is it Julia?" Jim said to Farrah as she passed him but he was ignored other than a shake of the head, although he did catch a faint smile growing on her lips. At least it was something, he thought to himself.