Chapter 12

Farrah walked out of the med bay where many Vulcan survivors were being treated. Her cheek was bruising where the Romulan had punched her and her fists were throbbing and turning purple to match her face. Lenny had given her some pain medication and some other things that she couldn't name. He just said it would help the healing process become faster.

She didn't want to waste anymore of his time when he should be tending to the Vulcan people. She had even seen a Vulcan man whose hand had been stuck underneath a rock when he was beamed away so part of his hand was missing when he re-materialized. She left after that and made her way slowly back to bridge.

It had only just hit her after Vulcan was destroyed. All those people were killed. And all those cadets on the other ships. She hadn't even had time to grieve for Gaila as everything happened so quickly. She didn't even have time now, it wasn't the right time for it, they had been taught that in the Academy. When your comrades die you push through your grief and carry on until your back home on earth and off duty.

Easier said than done.

She walked slowly and sluggishly to go back to the bridge. She didn't really want to do anything but needed something to occupy her mind. The halls were basically bare as everyone was doing something else to help with the situation; but a few people passed her along the way giving her hardly any looks other then a a sweep of the eye.

She gave them no notice as she put her right hand on the cool curved metal wall that was humming from the engines. She ran her fingers along it as she walked, she hoped the feeling would calm her but it didn't. Instead she was plagued of even worse thoughts then her grief. They hadn't heard from her father and she heard whispering from the nurses in the med bay that he was dead.

She knew somehow that he was still alive, surely she would be able to feel that he was dead and she was the last of the Pikes wouldn't she?

The truth was she didn't really know if he was alive or not. If he was dead, she wondered where his body was and if the Romulan commander had sent it out an air lock drifting through space. On the other hand, if he was still alive like she hoped then he was most likely in pain.

She was smart enough not to be fooled by hopeful thoughts. She didn't think that Nero invited her father on his ship to have dinner and get to know each other. No, she knew the Romulan man wanted something from him. Her father was a Captain and therefore knew many codes to get passed Starfleet defenses. But he'd be damned before he revealed them to anyone.

So she was drawn to the thoughts that plagued her mind. In her tactical class she had learned about interrogating prisoners for information. Starfleet did not do it, but other organizations did. They would torture the interviewee for information if they didn't give it willingly.

She couldn't help herself and dwelled on all the possible things that were being done to him at this very moment. Her mind was filled with horrible images that she couldn't stop from coming to her. They were mostly of him laying somewhere lifeless and bloody groaning in pain. Others were of him screaming for her to help him.

She could feel the tears run down her face and before she knew it they turned into uncontrollable sobs. Her knees buckled underneath her and she didn't have the energy to get back up again as she cried head in her hands from the grief of everyone dying and the grief that she may never see her father again.

After a few minutes when she was beginning to calm down some he felt a hand on her back and startled whipped her head around to see Jim Kirk standing there.

Jim had been on his way up to the bridge from the med bay after having his hands wrapped in gauze and his face looked at when he saw something he was not expecting.