Chapter 2

9 Years later.

Farrah and Christopher Pike stood inside the kitchen inside their home in California as they cleaned up the kitchen.

Well Christopher cleaned up while Farrah stood a little ways away from him and licked the inside the bowl that had the cake batter.

"Are you almost done with that?" Christopher asked her with a hint of laughter in his voice. She had been going at the bowl for almost five minutes now.

"Unum. Amost done." She replied to him as she continued licking, her voice muffled because of it. It was her favorite part of making a cake after all. They had just put it in the oven and were now cleaning up from the mess they had made.

"Come on, give it here." Christopher said holding out his hand for the bowl even though she couldn't see it.

"In Secon." She said and then finally pulled away and handed him the silver bowl and smiled at him.

"You gotta a little something on your face." Christopher said with a laugh as he grabbed a piece of paper towel and started wiping down her face that had chocolate cake batter on her forehead and chin.

"Dad! Stop! I can do it myself!" She said to him backing away and taking the paper towel from his hand and wiping at her face.

"Did I get it all?" She asked him with a smile looking up at him.

"Yeah you got it all munchkin." Christopher replied to her as he started cleaning the bowl in the sink.

She continued smiling and underneath his arms that were submerged in the soapy water, she was small enough to fit in the space between and stuck her hands in the water while on her tippy toes trying to help him but really she was making a bigger mes by splashing water on the counter tops.

"Alright. You're no help. Go play or something." He said to her giving her a playful shove away from him with a wet hand.

"Alright!" She said smiling at him and leaving the kitchen and going into the living area, anything to get away from cleaning, her least favorite part.

She turned on the television and set up her game 'defenders of earth' it was your typical game that had her as a tactical officer on a Starfleet ship.

She had a knack for seeing strategies for evasive maneuvers and for different trajectories which was why she had a very high scores in the game.

She walked backwards from the TV and flopped down on the couch getting comfortable. It was a Sunday afternoon and her dad was on leave for two months before he would be gone again. Then her mom would come home for some time and all would be well. When her parents were both on ships at the same time they hired a woman named Magnolia to take care of her. She was an elderly woman, with grey hair always up in a tight bun and a face etched in wrinkles. She was like her grandmother and often visited even when her parents were both there or just one of them.

She rather liked Magnolia. So she didn't mind that the woman stayed with her when her parents weren't around. Some of her friends at her school had care takers as well, most of the students there had parents in Starfleet. One girl, Kayla was her name. Told her that her caretaker was strict and made her go to bed an hour before her bed time. Magnolia never did that. Sometimes they would stay up later than her bed time and watch movies together, something her parents never let her do.

She just blew up an enemy ship when there was a knock at the door. Farrah heard her father go to the door to answer it, but she paid it no mind. Thinking it was someone trying to sell something, she continued her game.