Chapter 17

Farrah quickly walked over to her station blazing with fury at the state her father was in because of Nero, she practically sneered the name in her head.

She didn't even have to say anything as the woman in her chair that had taken over her place when she left quickly scrambled from the chair.

"Kepten! The enemy is losing power! Their shields are down sir," Chekov announces to Jim as he walks past with Spock to stand in front of the viewing screen.

"Hail them now," He orders as Chekov does as he says.

"Aye," Chekov replies doing so.

Inside the Narada, the red matter pulls together, creating a black hold in the center of the ship causing alarms to go off.

Nero appears on the view screen as it flickers in and out, the black hole interfering with the signals.

"This is Captain James T. Kirk of the U.S.S Enterprise. Your ship is compromised. Your too close to the singularity to survive without assistance, which we will provide," Jim tells Nero staring at the man who had killed his father in the face.

Of all the possible things Jim could have said to Nero, this was not one that his fellow crew members had anticipated, certainly not Spock.

"Captain, what are you doing?" Spock asks in a whisper to Jim turning around so Nero can't see what he is saying.

Jim turns around as well and whispers back to Spock,"Showing them compassion may be the only way to earn peace with Romulus. It's logic, Spock. Thought you'd like that," Jim tells him

Spock measures his words even more carefully than usual before replying, "No, not really. Not this time," He told Jim.

"I would rather suffer the end of Romulus a thousand times. I would rather die in agony than accept assistance from you," Nero replied moving closer to the viewing screen and saying the last word with hatred.

"You got it," Jim replied turning away from Nero on the screen and looking over to Farrah.

"Arm phasers, fire everything we got," He ordered her.

"Yes, sir," She replied doing it gladly.

Farrah quickly punches in the code and the Enterprise fires on the Narada as it's sucked into the black hole, destroying it, for good this time. Making sure it wasn't going to survive another time jump.

The entire bridge crew watches as the Narada is sucked inside the black hole disappearing from sight.

"Sulu, let's go home!" Jim orders as an alert comes upon the viewing screen, warning of a gravitational pull.

"Yes, sir!" Sulu replies turning the Enterprise around and sending it into warp.

Except nothing happens and the Enterprise begins to get closer to the black hole.

"Why aren't we at warp?" Jim asked as the ship started shaking wildly.

"We are, sir," Chekov told him.

"Kirk to engineering. Get us out of here, Scotty," Jim said into the comm.

"You bet your arse, Captain," Scotty replies running through engineering as the Enterprise is pulled even closer to the black hole.

"Captain, were caught in the gravity well! It's got us!" Scotty tells Jim looking at the readings.

"Go to maximum warp. Push it!" Jim orders him as Scotty walks away from the computer.