Chapter 10

On board the Narada, Ayel yelled out to his captain, "Sir, there's another Federation ship!"

Nero nodded and sat down in his command chair before giving orders, "Destroy it too."

"Fire torpedoes!" A Romulan man called out.

Back on the Enterprise, Farrah Pike looked at the readings in her screen before announcing, "Captain, they're locking torpedoes."

"Divert auxiliary power from port nacelles to forward shields," Christopher Pike ordered.

Her fingers moving quickly, Farrah did as he asked, she could only hope it would be enough.

She had never seen that type of ship before in any of her advanced weaponry class textbooks. She did however learn about Romulan weaponry, and knew that the shields on the Enterprise might not be enough for the type of torpedoes that they were using.

It seemed she was correct, as the torpedoes flew through the shields like there were nothing causing explosions to go off all around the ship where they were hit.

In the sick bay Leonard McCoy was slammed into a wall and pinned there until gravity stabilized. He dropped back down to the floor and looked around at the mess and the crew members that lay motionless and bloody on the floors.

"Shields? Status report?" Christopher questioned his daughter.

"Shields at 32%. Their weapons are powerful, sir. We can't take another hit like that," Farrah replied turning to look at her father over her shoulder.

He looked very calm, a little tense, but she felt a new-found respect for him. There they were, facing their possible deaths, and he was as calm and collected as ever.

"Get me Starfleet Command!" He yelled out to Nyota.

"Captain, the Romulan ship has lowered some kind of high-energy pulse device into the Vulcan atmosphere," Spock announced turning around to his Captain."It's signal appears to be blocking our communications and transporter abilities," He continued.

"All power to forward shields, prepare to fire all weapons," Christopher yelled out to his daughter who dutifully began working at the task.

On the outside, Christopher Pike looked the picture of calm. On the inside however he was anything but. He knew that he was responsible for over 1000 crew members on the Enterprise. And one of them being his daughter didn't help the situation.

Still, panicking would only make the situation worse. But looking at his daughter, who only continued to grow and look even more like her mother Vera, the woman he had loved, still loved so deeply. She just being there drove him even harder to find a solution to the fight they were in the middle of, one that would have her and everyone else aboard the ship return to earth safely.

He promised himself when Vera died that he would protect Farrah till the day he died. Something she had made incredibly difficult with her decision to join Starfleet. But, he knew being a Pike, she would never be happy to just stay on earth for the rest of her life.

She had told him she wanted to do something special and see amazing things. She felt like she was meant for more than what earth could offer her. And so he had relented, and let her go off to Starfleet. If Vera were still there with him, he knew she would only want for there daughter what would make her happy. And who was he to stand in the way of her happiness.

Nero watched the screens as the Federation ship turned and came closer to them

"Weapons ready," His tactical officer announced.