Chapter 5

About ten minutes later, everyone else who wasn't a cadet had left the bar it being around two in the morning and the bar was closing. As well as everyone needed to be up early to catch the shuttles back to the academy. Farrah was left outside waiting for her father to come and scold her. She had considered leaving with Nyota but knew she should just deal with it right away.

She heard the door open and turned to look seeing her father coming out of the bar.

"How is he?" She asked him looking behind him at the closing door.

"Beat up," He told her the obvious. "He's getting cleaned up in the bathroom," He explained to her.

"Look, dad I'm nineteen not twelve. I can go to a bar with my friends if I want to," She said to him in her defense.

"Yeah, your right. But you can't get into bar fights," He said to her and seeing her embarrassed look he continued. "Yeah, I saw you jump on that guys back. And there was glass on the floor you could have been hurt," He reminded her of the champagne bottle Jim had broken on the guy's head.

"I'm an idiot I get it. I just wanted to help. He looked like he had had enough." She said to him with conviction and bringing up the memory of Jims bloodied face being punched by the cadets.

"Yeah, he sure did..." He replied nodding his head in agreement. "You catch his name?" Christopher questioned her.

"Yeah I did. And you're not gonna believe who he is," She said to him with a small smirk.

"Who?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"He said his name is Jim, Jim Kirk," She said to him with a full blown smile at the look of surprise on her fathers face.

"Kirk?" He repeated her with a look of disbelief on his face.

"That's what he said," Farrah told him nodding.

"Hmm..." He mumbled pulling out a data pad from his pocket.

He typed in some things and brought up a file, Farrah came up behind him to get a look but he hid it in his chest. "You're not allowed to see personal files," He reminded her.

"Oh come on!" She said to him in a pleading tone while pouting.

"Sorry, rules are rules," Was his only reply as he turned away from her and looked at the data pad, scrolling through the information on James Tiberius Kirk.

"You're just trying to teach me a lesson." Farrah mumbled but she was ignored other then a small smile on Christophers face that she couldnt see, as his back was turned to her.

A few minutes later, Christopher switched off the data pad and turned to go back inside the bar to speak with Jim. The information in the data pad convincing him that he was indeed George Kirk's son. Farrah moved to follow him but Christopher turned and gave her a look that said to stay right where she was.

"Ugh!" She grunted in frustration but held up her hands in surrender then backed away from him.

She watched as her father walked inside the bar and counted to sixty before she slowly opened up the door thankful it wasn't squeaky. She peaked inside seeing her father and Jim sitting at a table staring each other down. She took a moment to study Jim wincing slightly at his bloodied face with hat looked like two napkins stuck up his nose.

She couldn't help but feel slightly guilty, she was the cause of those injuries but Jim wouldn't back off and the cadets had no business coming to her defense. They would not be getting a good word from her to her father, no one would. She didn't want people being nice to her just because she was a Pike but she had no control over what people did.