Chapter 13

nside the pod, Jim Kirk woke up groaning, "Aggh. Computer, where am I?"

"Location: Delta Vega. Class-M planet. Unsafe. There is a Starfleet outpost fourteen kilometers to the northwest. Remain in your pod until retrieved by Starfleet authorities," The female computer voice replied.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," Jim says to himself pushing open the pod doors and finding himself inside an ice crater.

He searches around the pod and gathers all the supplies before strapping it to his back and climbing out if the ice crater his pod caused.

He stands up and looks to his left seeing nothing but snow and ice. He slowly turns to the right and sees the same thing as far as the eye could see.

Sometime later, Jim was walking through a blizzard trying to find the outpost the computer spoke of.

So far he wasn't having very much luck.

All the walking did however give him time to think. Damn that bastard, he thought to himself. He had to send me to the worst place imaginable for speaking my mind. If that wasn't emotionally compromised he didn't know what was... On the other hand maybe the guy really was unfeeling, he sent him to this barren ice land didn't he?

What made it even worse was that Farrah hadn't joined him in the argument. It was her father for god's sake! So what if she promised him she wouldn't go after him. Promises were made to be broken. No one had trouble breaking promises to him in the past.

He wasn't going to pretend he understood her reasoning's. Hopefully she was up on that Starship right now arguing with Spock to go after the Narada, but he seriously doubted it.

If his father was in Pikes place he would have stolen the Enterprise somehow just to rescue him even if he did promise his father he wouldn't go after him. That's what he told himself anyway, he didn't have any way of knowing what he would really do.

He couldn't begin to understand the relationship between a father and child, all he had was his uncle frank as a father figure. But he guessed it was probably killing her on the inside not to go looking for Pike. He had only known her for three years, but in that time they sometimes had a conversation or two.

He learned that her mother had passed away when she was nine years old. That was probably why Pike made Farrah make the promise not to go back for him. He had already lost his wife, he wasn't going to lose the last piece he had of her. And it seemed Farrah understood that.

Besides, he didn't say anything but she looked like a mess when he found her crying on the floor. And then he had for some reason pulled her into his arms and comforted her. It seemed like the right thing someone would do, but he couldn't help but feel...happy that it was him she was leaning on for support.

So that meant he couldn't be mad at her. But he would be mad at Spock.

He sighed and pulled out his communicator, "Stardate 2258.42 or 44... Whatever...Acting Captain Spock has marooned me on Delta Vega, what I believe to be a violation of Security Protocol 49.09 governing the treatment of prisoners aboard a Starship..." Kirk doesn't finish as a loud roaring came from behind him.

He turns around and sees a small animal with white fur charging towards him. But as it gets closer he realizes it's not so small after all.

"Whoah! Agh!" He yells out turning around and running in the opposite direction of the creature.

He turns to look behind him as he runs seeing the creature still chasing him and trips giving the chance for the creature to come closer before he gets up again and starts running.