Chapter 16

Farrah and Jim walked out of a tunnel to the drill area, there phasers positioned in front of them and ready to be used.

They walked further out into the open and see Nero standing there on a walk way staring at them.

"Nero order your men to disable the drill or I will- "Jim shouts up at him but is interrupted as Ayel knocks him in the head with the back of a gun sending Jim falling to the floor and his phaser flying over the edge.

Farrah reacted quickly and fired at Ayel but he dodged the blast and fired one of his own at her. Farrah jumped out of the way and fell to the floor. Ayel came up behind her and kicked the phaser gun away from her. He used one hand to haul her up by her ponytail. Instinctively Farrah reached up to his hands in an attempt to get him to let go.

Ayel just sneered down at her and dropped his gun to the floor before using the now free hand to pull her up by her arms and tossing her into a wall.

While doing this, Nero came down from his spot and came to stand above Jim as he was sprawled out on the floor recovering from the hit to his head.

"I know your face, from Earth's history," Nero sneers down at him before reaching down and picking Jim up with his shirt and tossing him back.

Nero walks towards to him, grabbing Jim by his neck and pulling him up by one hand; Using the other to punch him in the stomach. Jim attempts to fight back but is still recovering from the other hits he's already received. Nero tosses him away causing Jim to land on his hands and knees as Nero walks up behind him and kicks him back down.

Farrah pulled herself up as quickly as she could with the room spinning as it was. Her head had taken the brunt of the impact on the wall and she realized she probably had a concussion if the sticky feeling on her forehead had anything to say. She brought a hand and touched it, having an idea what the sticky wet stuff was she was not surprised to see dark red blood on her fingertips.

She was so dazed she had forgotten all about the cause of her accident with the wall. Ayel taking this opportunity approached her from behind and turned her around to face him causing her eyes to widen in shock and realization.

She remembered what had happened much to slowly as the next thing she knew Ayel had lifted her from the ground by her neck, closing off her airway in his strong grip.

Farrah brought her hands up to his to try and pry his hands away from her while attempting to kick him away from with her legs. This didn't seem to affect him at all, and made the act of lifting her from the ground with one hand seem effortless.

Jim looked over and saw Ayel choking Farrah as she fought against him. He could see panic in her eyes but it was her face that was the most worrying, never mind her forehead covered with blood, her face was starting to turn an unnatural blue color.

He had tried fighting Nero but the Romulans had a superior strength over humans.

A fact he despised.

Here he was facing off with the man who had killed his father, destroyed Vulcan and all he was doing was becoming another victim, taking Farrah down with him. He shouldn't have ever allowed her to come with him and Spock; it was going to be his fault if she died here.

Elsewhere, Spock fires at a wall of the ship with the guns of the Jellyfish, breaking through to the outside.

Nero came up behind Jim to stand above him using both hands to start to choke Jim as he struggled against him.

"James T. Kirk was considered to be a great man. He went on to captain the U.S.S Enterprise, but that was another life. A life I will deprive you of, just like I did your father," Nero tells him with anger looking into Jim's blue eyes with maliciousness.