He ended up taking her to an astronomy tower where he has used his new "Captain" rank to gain them access to the building. At the time she didn't think they were allowed in but Jim had reassured her and she had followed him inside.

Now she'd seen the stars from the Enterprise in space, and that was truly amazing. But still, nothing could compare to seeing the stars through a telescope that was planted on Earth. It was like they were actually in the Enterprise looking at the stars but it was different. In the past, before the very first Starships had been built, before the human race had traveled further than the moon, even further back than that, people had used telescopes to see the stars.

And to be counted among the few people who were not scientists and look through a telescope to deep space was just amazing to her.

Jim had surprised her again, having brought burgers, fries and milkshakes,(not exactly a five-star meal) though Farrah didn't really think Jim was the type to go to a fancy restraint either, and that was good because she didn't care for them either. So the food he had brought was perfect paired with the astronomy tower.

They had kissed again, this time longer and dare she say it more passionate than the first. And then a few hours later he had dropped her off at her building. The next day they were setting up their next date that ended up with them just sitting down at the coffee shop in the Starfleet Academy talking about random and personal things, really just getting to know each other.

She wasn't sure what they were to each other as they hadn't really discussed it but she could say she wouldn't be opposed to being Jim's girlfriend.

But first they would have to talk to her father... She could imagine how that was going to go.

Farrah looked up as the door opened and Sulu walked out of the room and looked at her.

"There ready for you," He told her with a nod, but she could tell he hasn't expected her to be the one in the chair, but he'd expected someone.

She raised an eyebrow at him but nodded as he held the door open for her and she walked inside with her hands held behind her back coming to a stop in front of the three men as the doors closed with a hiss.

The three men, with the greying hair sat behind a clear glass table with nothing on it, which was unusual. She thought there would be a data-pad at least.

"I am sure you are wondering why you were summoned here," The man in the middle spoke up.

"Yes, sir," Farrah replied nodding.

"Your Academy record speaks for itself Miss Pike. Congratulations on your assignment to the Enterprise," He continued.

"Thank you sir, I am looking forward to it sir," Farrah told him honestly.

"That's good. A well deserved position. But we asked you here because we have another offer for you to consider," The man in the middle explained.

She began to think the other two men were there just to make them seem more imposing. She didn't know what this other option was but she didn't think she would trade anything for the Enterprise position.

"Another option, sir?" Farrah asked him.

"You are well aware that Starfleet's priorities are peacekeeping and humanitarian missions," The man spoke again.

"Yes, I do, sir," Farrah replied.

"Unfortunately "peacekeeping" and "humanitarian" are pleasant words for often unpleasant realities," The man said to her confusing her even more.