Chapter 39: Video Games

Astrid

It was a couple of hours after work when I had stopped my car in front of Hiccup's house. I had started to feel a tiny bit nervous about the video games since I have never played any before. But I hope Hiccup will teach this noob.

As I slammed the car door shut and had locked the car, I had quickly had walked up the entrance of the gates and had clicked on the button to wait for Jo, the security guy.

"Yes?" I heard his blunt voice.

"Someone sounds like a shitty ass today," I said sarcastically.

"Oh, hey Astrid. Yeah, I sound like shit, but I am just in my normal mood." He chuckled a little.

"I'll let you in now," He said as I watched the gates open and I smiled. "Thanks, Jo," I said before I had walked through the gates, getting up the front door to see it opening, revealing Hiccup and Jo standing there.

"Hey, M'Lady." He smiled as he walked over to me and had kissed my cheek. "Hey, you." I smiled back before he had let me in and I had looked around to see the same place that I call a second home.

It just feels good to be here.

"So, how's your brother going with his studies?" I asked Hiccup.

"It's good for once. I'm surprised he is going so well. He has matured a little. The girlfriend cheated on him though, so he dumped her for good at least." He chuckled, and I punched him in the shoulder for his ridiculous behavior.

"Ow!" He pouted as he rubbed his arm to stop the pain. "What was that for?"

"That was for your behavior about your brother." I grinned before I had walked into the main lounge room to see nothing set up? I don't understand why there isn't anything set up.

"M'lady, the gaming room is upstairs. My brother is there waiting for us." He said, and I frowned. Is his brother joining us?

"Don't frown like that. He isn't playing with us, we are still having our date. He is just doing some things for us." Hiccup explained, and I nodded.

"Alright," I smiled as he grabbed my hand and had taken me up the stairs to the second door on the left side.

Oh, this is the gaming room... I thought it was something else.

"Welcome to the gaming room, M'lady." He said as he opened the door to reveal how big it was. It had two computers on two desks near the entry, a huge couch in the middle with two bean bags in front of it, one was red and blue and to see the room has all these plushies from different games and movies and to see stacks of games in here, really has opened my mind about these two.

"Do you two always play games in your spare time?"

"Yeah, but it's a small occasion. Hiccup is always busy." Ethan said. Why would Hiccup be so busy? He never is for me?

"M'lady, if you noticed that I come to the hospital sometimes and not all the time is actually because I am planning my business." Hiccup explained, and I raised my brow.

"That's why we're not hanging out as much," I said.

"I didn't want you to know because you were so busy with Matthew and your work. Being a doctor is harder then it looks. I see why you're not home often."

"Yeah... but you get used to it after a while." I sighed as I walked into the room heading towards the bean bags.

"Thanks, bro for setting it up for me. I will owe you a gaming night tomorrow night kay buddy?" I heard Hiccup say before I heard the two of them high five and Ethan had left the room, leaving Hiccup and I alone.

"So! I have a few games we can play today."

"And what games are we going to play?"

"Well, let me show you." 

{Hello! I have returned after so long. I know I updated a little bit ago saying that I was inactive due to a ski trip. But I am going to hopefully update soon. Sadly the school had blocked wattpad so now I have to update from home. 

But I hope you enjoyed the chapter (sorry if its short) and I will see you guys in the next chapter! xx

Foreverhttyd}