Chapter 38: Results

Matthew

It was about an hour later after the scan where I was waiting with my parents in the waiting room. I had kept thinking to myself that everything was going to be okay, but at the same time, there is a possibility that I would have to go through hell again.

"Hey bud, long time no see." I looked over near the entrance to see Hiccup standing there with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, it's been a while." I chuckled as he sat down beside me on the chair. 

"I can see your hair is growing back." He said to me and I nodded. "Slowly, but it will get there."

"At least you have hair then my first impression of you." Hiccup chuckled as my parent's walked up to the two of us with a smile on their faces.

"Do you guys want any drinks or wanting something to eat?"

"Can I have some water is that alright?" I said and she nodded. "Hiccup would you like anything?"

"Sure, I would like some water as well thanks."

"Alright awesome. I will have it ready for you soon." She said before she walked away, leaving Hiccup, dad and myself alone. 

"So Hiccup, how did you know my son in the first place?" Dad asked as he sipped a bit of the disgusting coffee that they have here. "I met him by Astrid. I am her boyfriend after all." He said scratching the back of his neck feeling very nervous about confessing that to my father.

"I met him by her saying that she had a male patient about our age and I was a bit iffy about it. So I decided to visit and at first I was annoyed with your son, but I'm not anymore. He is a good mate to stick with." Hiccup explained. 

"Well, that's nice to hear about how you got over being annoyed at my son. I'm glad he found a good friend to stick with." He said. As the two of them had continued talking, I kept thinking about the results. I had felt shaky and nervous to think about anything else. The time had kept going past as mum and dad were laughing softly with Hiccup about some memories we were having, yet I didn't feel that happy. All I wanted to know was the results so I can prepare myself to go back into the hospital or to just be happy and live my life for a few more weeks. 

"Matthew." I heard a feminine voice suddenly grabbing my attention. I had looked up quickly to see that it was Astrid standing there holding that famous clipboard in her hand with a pen in the other. Classic Hofferson. 

"Alright so I have some news for you." She said walking closer to us. "If you guys would like to come with me, I would like to show you the scan." She said as the four of us rose up and had walked into Astrid's office which had a lot of doctors paperwork in the draws and book shelves, her computer in the middle of the wooden desk and a nice view out of Berk. This must feel cozy. 

"So looking at the scan with other doctors for the past couple of hours, we haven't found any cells of the cancer coming back into your body just yet. But note, this is only your first scan it can come back in a matter of months, but I don't think it will very likely happen in this case." Astrid explained as she showed me the scan and while I heard that, a huge smile had spread on my face making me feel more happier that it's still not shown up. 

I am still cancer free...

"Oh my gosh! Are you serious?" Mum asked Astrid and she nodded. "Yeah, he is just a normal healthy human being who is still alive, but you gotta get your greens and stick to healthy foods young man," She said winking at me and I chuckled. 

"Will do mam!" I said giving her a sneaky grin and a small salute. 

"Now, please note the next date will be in six weeks, I hope your ready for that." Astrid said.

"I think I will handle it. Thank you so much Doctor Hofferson," I said as I shook her hand and she smiled. "No worries, just stay healthy. If your starting to get sick or at least have symptoms that you got the first time, please immediately come back to me."

"Alright thank you." 

Astrid

"Alright thank you. See you in six weeks," Matt said before he stood up with his family and had left the room, leaving Hiccup and I alone. 

"You really made me happy M'lady. Well done," Hiccup said as he walked over beside me and kissed my cheek, making me blush a little. 

"Thank you Hiccup, but I think these next few months are going to be hell for me and especially for him and his family. If he gets sick-" I felt myself get cut off as I felt Hiccup's finger go onto my lips, and I looked at him with a worried expression. 

"You don't need to worry about that M'lady. He is going to be fine, his cancer won't come back. Trust me." He grabbed my hands as he looked into my eyes, making me feel a little bit more comfortable. 

"I trust you... but I should get ready to go home." I said before I noticed Hiccup smiling. 

"Alright M'lady. Want to come over tonight?" 

"I would like that. Maybe I can see how your brother is going with his math." I giggled as I heard Hiccup chuckling. 

"Alright. Come over at six, pizza and games are on me."

{Hello everyone! It's been a little while since I have been online writing wise. It's good to see everyone especially with the new trailer coming out!!!!! I am so excited omg! And to see the new images and looks of the characters, I am looking forward to this movie. But apart from that, here's an update on me. 

- I have finished pretty much most of my assessment, I have some more time to write chapters and be active. 

- I also have formal soon so I will be off for a week after (maybe) due to a school ski trip I am going on. But I will make sure to show you photos later. 

But I hope to show you more content soon and thanks for your patience :) 

Foreverhttyd.}