Chapter 28: Supporting

It was a little later in the day and Astrid was writing stuff on her clipboard for a patient she had just visited. She has determined the child not to long ago with a cancer which is highly impossible to treat, but she thinks she can do it.

"Hey Astrid." Matt said as he walked towards the main desk with a couple of papers.

"Hey Matt," She greeted. "Remember, call me Dr Hofferson," She reminded him before giving the clipboard to the nurse that was sitting at the reception desk.

"Alright... But I hope you're going alright... I have noticed you haven't been yourself," He commented.

"How do you know my reactions?"

"I pick it up quickly. But besides your boyfriend who's at home, if you do need to talk to anyone on duty I am here... Well until I get out of here or die out of the two." He chuckled before giving the papers to the same nurse.

"Let's just say my boyfriend is jealous of you, my mother's birthday is today which I don't want to celebrate and my father is going nuts..." She sighed before the two of them had started walking. "It's stupid you know, I don't understand why I have to have a bad life." She said before Matt had sat down at a chair and Astrid had joined him.

"Look, life does suck. But can I ask why don't you want to celebrate your moth-"

"She died last year."

"Oh..." He mumbled.

"My father is going crazy about it and I can't watch him. I can't help him either, it's only his doctors that can help him. I am a doctor myself now but I don't do that subject I guess." She said leaning her hand on her chin.

"Look... Like I said life sucks, but remembering all the great memories the two of you had is a wonderful thing. I remember once a close family member died, it was hard with the grieving but you get over it eventually." Matt said.

"Yeah... But I am still grieving."

"I know you are, but after a year it starts to feel better."

"Ya reckon?"

"I do... But with your father you two need to spend time with each other... I don't know what's going on and at this point I would rather not... But I reckon he will improve and eventually be back to normal." He sighed before putting his hand onto her thigh. "But just one quick thing, always be supportive of your friends and family... It makes them better then with no support." He smiled.

"Thank you... Your advice has really helped me. But I have an update on your cancer if you want to know." She said.

"And, how is it?"

"For once it's actually going very well. You're getting better then you were when I saw you a few weeks back. But I suggest you just spend time with your friends and your family." Astrid smiled standing up.

"Well... That had made me day, thanks Dr Hofferson." He smiled before Astrid had walked off heading towards the elevator. As she had stopped in front of two big elevators, she had quickly clicked the button and the elevator had revealed a couple of people inside, so she had walked in and had clicked the floor her father was on and the elevator went up.

Astrid was now sitting beside her father in the room, who was sleeping peacefully. Ever since that talk with Matt, she had been thinking of his advice. 'Spend time with him.... Support your friends and family when they need it the most...'

"Hey dad... I know the two of us haven't spent much time together over these past couple of weeks, but I want to say that I love you and I will always be there for you." She had stood up and kissed his forehead before she quickly sat down again and had looked over to see how his heart rate is.

"Astrid!" A familiar nurse came in while holding her clipboard.

"Oh my god! Elsa!" She smiled widely before she had run over to her and the two of them shared a hug.

"How are you?"

"I could be better," Astrid pulled back with a smile on her face. "But how are you and Jack?"

"Were really strong... strong enough that he actually got me pregnant." She crossed her arms.

"You have to be serious?"

"I am dead serious!"

"But, do you have anyone in your life?" She said starting to check out her father's wounds and such.

"Yeah... for once I do."

"OMG WHO!"

"Elsa, quiet." She snapped a little. "But it's Hiccup Haddock," She smiled.

"The Hiccup Haddock?" She gasped.

"Yes, the Hiccup Haddock Els." She smiled wider.

"You're lucky, he is rich," She grinned as she changed his antibiotics.

"I'm not actually dating him for the money. The two of us are dating because we love each other's personalities and everything."

"Well, let's just say I do like that guy. He is Jack's best mate, but remember, I am here to support you if he ever does break up with you," She grinned.

"Yeah, Yeah." She rolled her eyes.

[Hello, so I finally added Elsa into the chapter. I will be adding more hiccstrid moment's into it extremely soon! But also I have decided that Matt needs some screen time. I will See you all Friday!

FH]