Chapter 33: Decisions Decisions

{Hello everyone! I know I updated yesterday but I am updating again. But I am sorry that it is short, nearly 500 words, I am still getting my motivation back. I reckon that the next chapter will be very long though :) Also I have another announcement on the bottom of the chapter. Enjoy :)}

Matthew

It was later in the afternoon from after my parent's and I had reunited, and it has been going splendid. We have talked about a lot of things which feels good.... And I feel whole again after all these years. "How's your cancer going son?" Dad asked me as we all ate together.

"It's going good actually. I thought earlier today that I was going to die," I said putting my plastic fork down onto the plate. "Dr Hofferson told me that my tumour is getting the to the size that I can get it taken out by an operation. Then after it, I have to wait about two to three weeks then I get four tests to see if it had spread."

"Well... I am proud of your doctor. Astrid is really something." Mum said.

"Yeah, she really is something... But I really hope the cancer doesn't-"

"Son, I know what you're going to say, but the cancer isn't out yet. Just don't right now." Dad said interrupting me. "But-"

"No buts son. Let's just stay positive about how the size is before we go to the conclusions."

"Alright... But where is she anyway?"

"Astrid is with another patient probably." Mum said before we heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I yelled out and I saw the door knob turn to reveal a nurse and Astrid standing there. "Hey Dr Hofferson, is everything okay?"

"Yes, but I am here because I need to talk to your parent's. It's about your cancer." Astrid said. "Okay. I will be back then." Dad said before he stood up and had walked over to her.

"So, what's going on?" I heard him say before the door had closed, leaving me curious but confused.

Astrid

"So, what's going on?" Tom said closing the door.

"Alright, so I looked back at the x-ray and I saw that his tumour is actually the right size. I am thinking of taking it out today so that it doesn't spread, but though Tom there is a chance that he won't wake up after surgery."

"Your joking, right?"

"No, unfortunately. But though it is a small chance."

"How much?"

"35%." I said.

"That is a big chunk Astrid... I really don't know if he should do this."

"If he doesn't Tom, then the tumour will take his life. What would you really want for your son? To see him have his next birthday happy and healthy? Or would you rather see a grave on his birthday?" I said passing him a piece of paper.

"You can think about it, but though it is Matthew's final decision. Let me know in twenty minutes, I have another patient to get to." I said before I had turned around and started walking.

Tom

'Shit... How am I going to tell Matthew this...'?

{Yes, this is lame. But though I want to say to all of you a message. It has been a great year and a bit for this book and I am just proud to see how many readers I have. I want to say thank you to all of you who have stood by this book since day one, I am so happy to see all of you reading this even though it is very bad haha xD. But yes, thank you all and I love you :)

Foreverhttyd}