Chapter 34: Surgery?

{Hello! Yes, I updated. I know this chapter is so tiny, but though it will extend next chapter. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter though :)}

Matthew

It has been about ten minutes since mum and dad went off with Astrid. They have been taking a long time and I am starting to get sick of it. "You okay buddy?" Hiccup asked as I continued to look over at the door.

"Yeah, I am fine. I just wonder what's going on with Astrid and my parents." 

"They are probably talking about things for the future. You don't need to worry about it." Hiccup said smiling. "Thanks, mate." 

"No pro-" Hiccup got interrupted to see mum and dad standing there. 

"I will leave you guys alone, it's looking pretty serious." Hiccup said to me before he stood up from the bed, and had nodded to my parents before he left the room, leaving them in the room with me. "Matt, we have to talk to you."

"Alright... what's going on?" 

"Son, we just had a conversation with Astrid," Dad said. 

"Yeah, I know. Just get to the point." I said crossing my arms. "She looked at the x-ray again a few minutes ago and your tumour is small enough. You need to get it out in the next couple of days, otherwise, you will die. You gotta choose in about five minutes. That descriptive enough for you?" Mum said and my eyes widened. I thought my tumour was still big... she must have missed something... 

"Your kidding?" I said and dad shook his head. 

"No, I am not. But though I need you to make the decision. Can you do that like right now?" Mum said as I heard the door creak open to reveal Astrid standing there. "Has he made his decision?"

"No-"

"Yes, I have. Astrid, you have helped me through a lot and I want to get his cancer gone out of my system. I want to do the operation."

"Okay, well... I will let you prepare yourself for the operation." She said before she walked out with Hiccup, leaving me and my parents alone.

Astrid

"Are you okay M'lady?" He asked as I closed the door. "Yes, Hiccup. I need to get ready to do this operation. This is going to be a hard ride." 

"I reckon you will do great," Hiccup said putting his hand on my cheek and I felt my cheeks starting to burn. "Thank you... And Hiccup, I love you." (WHYYYYYYYYYY BAHAHAHA)

"I love you too M'lady, and hurry up and get to the procedure room before Matthew does." 

"Alright," I said before walking down the hall to the operating room, just waiting for my patient. "Now Astrid, don't be nervous. I reckon you got this." Ally, a middle age nurse said as we were washing our hands. 

"I will get there Ally, no need to worry."

"He could die, Astrid, this is a serious procedure." 

"I know it is, but I have been trained-"

"But you have never done this to a real-life patient."

"Jesus Ally, don't be so rude!" Sam, another nurse snapped at her. 

"I am just giving her a tip-"

"No, you're just being plain rude, so shut up right now, and let her work." He looked at me and smiled. "Thank you."

"Come on, Matthew is coming in," Sam said before I looked out in the window to see that the nurses are bringing his bed into the procedure room. I had put on my gloves and my face mask, as the doors slammed open, revealing him sleeping. 

"Let's do this."

{It looks unfinished, but though it isn't. Note that :)

FH}