Chapter 19: Heard Of Rehab?

[Here is a new chapter, I hope you enjoy it :) See you soon! ;)]

It was later from that morning and Astrid hasn't been her usual self. She still can't believe that the only thing left she had in the world was trying to kill himself over a stupid thing that can be fixed.

"Astrid, can you be able to help me with this question." Ethan said as he walked into the study room Astrid had been in for over the past hour just studying to get her father off her mind. "What's the question?"

"With space, how many km is Mars from Earth? Because I have four options and I tried to calculate it. It's difficult." Ethan said.

"Well, is there a rule?"

"Yeah there is." He replied.

"Follow that rule. See what it does, then do the equation if you want to get it right." She said softly before she had started to type some information down to remember for her exam that was happening in a couple of weeks.

"Alright... Thank you." Ethan said before walking out out of the room, leaving Astrid there to think.

'Why would he want to kill himself over a stupid thing?' She kept thinking.

"Are you still thinking about why he did it?" Hiccup entered the room with a frown on his face.

"Yes..." She sighed as she slammed her laptop closed. Hiccup sighed quietly and had walked over to her. "You know, I think the best thing for you to do is actually go to him. I don't know if he is awake or not, but he would be worried for you." Hiccup sat down and had put his arm around her.

"Yeah... I guess so Hiccup... But he is sick, I know that." Astrid whispered as she kept looking at the other side of the room.

"How is he sick?"

"Hiccup, he has depression. He has had it ever since mum died." Astrid sighed, but continued. "All he tells me every day that he would be the one dead instead of mum, but I just tell him that it's no one's fault, it was Odin saying it was time to take her..." She said.

"Yeah, I do understand... Odin took my mother too when I was young so that wasn't too good." Hiccup frowned.

"I'm so sorry..." Astrid said before hugging Hiccup.

"M'lady..." He gasped as he had felt a sudden warmth crash against him. But without any stiffness he had leaned into her, feeling the depression that was built up had suddenly started to lessen.

"Hiccup, you're not alone with parent's being killed, I do get what your experiencing it is extremely hard... But I want to say thank you for being there for me, you're a lovely guy." She said. Hiccup had kept watching her as she was looking up to him, but she had started to continue. "Hiccup... I think I am going to stop tutoring your brother for a while... I know you want me to be around more often, but I need to finish my study and look after my dad... After all that goes around, I can go back to tutoring him if you don't hire someone else."

"M'lady, I would never replace you, you're the best tutor my brother has had in years. If you want the job back then that's perfectly fine." He smiled. "But I think you should head off home and check up on him..." He suddenly frowned. "I will hopefully get to see you around." Hiccup said.

"You can come to my graduation, I would like that." Astrid smiled before getting up and packing up her stuff.

"Alright... Good luck M'lady..." He said as she packed her stuff.

"Thank you," She replied before walking towards the door, her heart feeling like it's about to break suddenly. "See ya, Haddock." She opened the door before she had looked back at him one more time before closing the door, leaving him standing there frowning. 'I will see you at graduation...'

LATER

It was a lovely sunset glowing inside Ian's hospital room, showing his sleeping body in the bed with his breathing stable, his eyes closed and looking completely peaceful. But it wasn't as peaceful outside the room where Astrid was. It was ten minutes since she arrived at the hospital and she hasn't opened the door to his room. Ever since the stupid thing he did last night, she can't risk seeing his body in there... To see how injured he is... it's unbearable.

'You can do this Hofferson...' She thought before she finally opened the door and had entered to see the pleasant view of the city right in front of her. It really is beautiful but the important thing is that her father is in safe hands.

Astrid had looked over to the left of the room to see that her father was sleeping there peacefully, she had sighed quietly before walking over to him she had seen a seat right beside the hospital bed, so she decided to sit there and look over him.

"You're an assho!e you know that!" She suddenly snapped while tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Why didn't you tell me about you wanting to kill yourself!" She balled up her fist.

"YOUR JUST AN IDIOT! YOU ARE SICK!" She said while she started shaking and tears had rolled down her cheeks.

"Astrid?" A voice suddenly interrupted to see his doctor standing there, frowning.

"You must be his doctor..." She gasped and he nodded.

"Yes," He said walking over to her and grabbing a seat. "But I need to talk to you about some things." He said.

"What things?"

"For one, I need to know why he tried to kill himself." He said before grabbing a box of tissues. "Well... it all started a year ago when mum died. He was depressed about it, then yesterday he found out that he had to move out after all these years. That house is like a memory of mum," She said so seriously. "But I think he was sick and tired of losing everything that he tried to kill himself." She finished.

"Alright... but have you ever heard of rehab?"

"Yes... it's for recovering, but why are you asking me this?"

"Astrid... I think he really needs it. he isn't well at all which you have noticed, but you haven't noticed that he has been cutting for quite some time now, pretty badly." He explained.

"Geez..."

"Yes, I know it's such news to you, but honey he is effected a lot from this. I noticed some stuff in his leg which is why I am making him have rehab... He needs to have an operation asap." He explained more.

"Alright... but let me guess, it's going to cost a lot of money?" She said. The doctor shook his head.

"No Astrid, the rehab will, but the operation won't be. But are you okay with going through all this?"

"Yes, I am." She said before looking at the other direction towards the window where the view was.

"Alright... we are going to operate on him tomorrow... but I think it is best if you don't stay today, just go home and try and recover from this tragedy." Astrid sighed quietly before getting up and shaking his hand.

"But, how can I?" She said. "It's hard to get over this sh!t."

"I know it is, but it will take time. Just stay away for a few days except if something goes wrong, I will let you know on his update." He said before he had started to go towards the door.

"Just remember, he is a great man. I worked with him a few years back." He chuckled before he closed the door, leaving Astrid there looking at her father. 

[Yes, it is sad but there is more happy stuff coming soon! By the way, I am sorry for not updating yesterday. I hope to update on Friday. Also! I have one more chapter until I can continue on finally! So be ready for chapter 20! Cause it's going to be killer!

Foreverhttyd.]