Chapter 30: That's A Great Idea

It was a nice evening in Berk for the couple as they had arrived into the Cove Diner to see people socializing, having a drink at the bar or just eating. "Hey Hofferson!" The chef yelled from the kitchen as he had seen the couple walk in.

"Hey!" She greeted as she walked to the bar with Hiccup and had sat down at two vacant seats.

"Long time no see, hey?" Astrid smiled at her old friend as he had flipped a patty over on the stove.

"Yes, very long..." He sighed softly. "But how's your life going?" He said.

"Mines going good. I got the job I wanted so I'm glad." Astrid said as a waitress had walked in front of them. "Would you like anything?" She asked the couple who were sitting together.

"Yes, can I please have some rum thanks," Hiccup said. "Can I have a champagne." She smiled at the waitress who wrote their beverages down before walking off.

"Sorry, they always interrupt when I speak to costumers." Bob said annoyed and Astrid giggled softly. "I feel you. Thank god I didn't do that when I worked here."

"True... But what's your boss doing here?" He asked before Hiccup had put his arm around her waist with a huge smile on his face. "He is my boyfriend to Bob." She kept smiling.

"Well! I was thinking that you weren't that kind of type." He winked at Astrid who then stuck her tongue out to him.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." She laughed softly before their beverages had came with the waitress and Hiccup smiled before putting his glass up towards Astrid.

"To this amazing date," Hiccup said before Astrid grabbed her glass and had chinked her glass with his before taking a sip of her champagne.

"So," Astrid said putting her glass down.

"So?" Hiccup raised his eyebrow confused.

"I know you don't want to mention Matthew tonight... But Hiccup, I want to do something for him ya know." She said and Hiccup smiled a little.

"M'Lady, I already have an idea that will make him happy again, even if it's for one day." He said before taking another sip.

"And what would that be?" She rose her brow as she crossed her arms.

"Well, I was thinking of getting his family in. Even if they are in another country, I can do something to make sure they do, because I know that Matthew might not have much time here..." Hiccup rubbed the back of his neck with a nervous smile and Astrid had kept the beautiful smile on her face.

"Hiccup," she said grabbing his other hand and had rubbed it with her thumb. "Your a genius," she smiled before pecking his cheek and Bob had a huge grin on his face.

"Hofferson, what do ya want Hiccup for dinner?" Bob kept that grin on his face and Astrid had blushed a little before scoffing.

"Maybe you should shut up before I go into your kitchen to kick your ass." She snapped while sending daggers to him. All he did was roll his eyes before walking out to the counter for a second and had stood at Hiccup and Astrid.

"Do you want your usual?" He asked Astrid and she nods. "Yes please, but make it a huge bowl of spaghetti so Hiccup can share with me." She blushed a little before Bob had winked at Hiccup and he chuckled.

"Yeah, agreed with Astrid." He smiled before he had walked back into the kitchen to continue cooking leaving the couple sitting there. 

"But Hiccup, when are you going to do it?" Astrid asked. 

"Well, I am thinking of trying to call them up using dad's phone since he is the mayor of Berk," Hiccup said. "But what if they don't respond?" 

"I have my ways," Hiccup grinned widely. 

"I hope this works," She said before Hiccup kissed her hand. 

"It will, I promise."

[Hello! Nice to update this book again after a little while. I want to let you all know that I will be updating late on Friday due to my school camp. If I don't update Friday, I will make sure to update it for you. Also, I am sorry if this is a short chapter, I am just glad I am updating something for you all. 

But I will see you all soon with another chapter (The next chapter will contain a bit more of hiccstrid finally! So stay tuned!

Foreverhttyd.]