Chapter 35: It was successful

{Hello friends! I am sorry I haven't updated in a while. Been very stressed with school. I still am a bit, but I am close to having more time to write this fan fiction. Just note, if I go inactive again like this, it's because of school. I actually never thought I would be this busy, so that's a first. But I will see you guys very soon with some new content.}

Note: If you don't like operation scene, please do not read this chapter, thank you.

Astrid

"Alright, I want you to grab me a scalpel Liz," Eret said while I watched the other nurses place Matthew into the position on the table. "You do know what you're doing right?" He asked.

"Yes, I do. I know this is my first operation but I am qualified to do it." I said raising an eyebrow at him. "Alright... but note this, if you do something wrong then I am going to take over. Got it?" 

"Whatever, let's just get this started," I said before the two of us put our masks on and we started the procedure. "Dr Hofferson, use this scalpel to cut into him." I nod as I grabbed the scalpel and Eret had shown me where to go. 

"Eret, don't say another word right now, let her cut." I heard Liz say as I had cut into his skin, feeling a little disgusted. "Do it a bit deeper." 

"Eret!" 

"It's okay, surprisingly the tips are actually helping," I said as I cut into his skin a little bit more, before opening up his side to reveal the insides of his body. "So, I will show you what a tumour looks like," Eret said as a small camera had gone into Matthew's side, taking a couple of minutes to find it. "So that's it there?" I asked. 

"Yes it is, but though it looks harder than I thought." He said. 

"Is it small enough?" Ellie, another nurse asked him, making me a bit worried. 

"Yes, it is. It's the position that it's in." Eret explained as I had looked over at the camera to see what a tumour looks like. Well, it looks different from what I imagined.

"Alright, Eret can you help me start to cut it," I said, but continued. "Liz, I want you to keep an eye on his pulse, see how many beats in a minute he is going in. Ellie, I want you to be on standby just in case something goes wrong." I said before Eret had started to cut into the skin on where it is held at. 

"Do you want to have a go? It is your operation after all?" He said with his forest green eyes. "Sure... But I don't want to mess up." 

"You will be fine. We are all here to stand by." He said moving out of the way and I had stood in his position. "Alright.... let's do this."

I had looked over to the camera with full focus, I had noticed that Eret was about halfway off from removing it, so I will continue with his idea. "Alright... Let's do this." I said before everyone had gone quiet, and I had looked at the TV that was straight ahead of me with the live shot. 

I had taken the scalpel more into the skin and I slowly noticed that the tumour was working its way off the skin and I smiled under the mask. I knew I could do this. "Astrid, careful. Once it's removed from the skin it can still be infective." Eret said as I had continued to cut. 

Eventually, after I continued cutting into the skin, I saw that the tumour was on its edge and we needed to act fast. "I need someone to get me the cloth and the forcep immediately!" I said continuing to cut into the skin. 

"Here we go. It's already." Liz said.

"Thanks, Liz," I said before I had taken one hand out holding the bloody tool in one hand and grabbing the Forceps in the other. "Astrid, I know I just said this but with this part, you need to be very careful. I suggest you put the forceps into the position it needs to be in. Then continuing cutting it." Eret said. 

"Alright," I said, putting the forceps into its position on both sides of the tumour. 

"It's in a good position, now finish the cutting job." I heard Eret say as I continued to look up at the camera, being in complete focused. I had begun to cut the skin again, making sure it wasn't too deep until I had felt nothing more...

It's in my full grasp... 

"I have full grasp!" 

"Well done Hofferson, now take it out with damaging anything," Eret said as I had taken it out carefully. It took me a few moves to get where I was needed to be and I took it out, looking at the disgusting cancerous figure. "You little disgusting lump won't hurt anyone anymore," I said putting it on the white cloth. 

"Eret, can you stitch him up? I am going to let the family know how it went," I asked.

"Can do," Eret said before I had gone to the other side of the room and took off the gloves and mask. Well... I thought it was going to be more lethal... 

NORMAL POV

"She did very well Eret," Liz said while she continued to pack up parts of the station that was no longer used. 

"For once, I am proud of her."

"Why for once?"

"Because I didn't have any faith in her with this operation... Not until she got the tumour out. I want to work with her more often in this case." Eret said as he finished up the last stitch. 

"Well, that's something I never thought I would hear you say."

"Yeah... But the mission was very successful..."

{Hello! Yes, this is updated and what the heck am I doing here after 2 days of saying that I was on hold with a new chapter? Well, let's just say I am alive but though I don't have much time to write a new chapter like I said before the chapter begun, I added in an extra 45 minutes to just make this one for you all! And one more thing before I go, I would like to say thank you for 600+ reads in the last 3-4 days! I appreciate every read you guys make! I wish I can be faster for all of you! 

But I will see you guys very soon! :)

Foreverhttyd.} 

-

{Published 15.3.18}

{Written: 13-15.3.18}