Ch 39 - Your POV - The Future King

Suho turned his gun over in his hand, watching me as I stared back at him.

    I wasn't going to bother asking him any questions. He betrayed us. It didn't matter why. All that mattered was me getting out of this situation. I could get out of this. It wasn't like I was tied up. There was a door over to my left --

    "If you even think about escaping," Suho said, interrupting my thoughts, "I'll put another bullet in you."

    His smile wrinkled at the corners of his eyes.

    I shifted while I sat on the floor. "So it was you, then?"

    He nodded.

    "You hate me that much?"

    He smirked. "No. I hate your husband that much. I didn't fight for the top spot of my academy just to serve a joke of a king."

    "So you became a joke of a guard?"

    His eyes flashed right before he stood and smacked me across the face. I held back a laugh. My father had stuck me much harder. Suho was weak compared to him.

    "Just sit quietly until he comes." Suho said.

    "Who?"

    He didn't answer. He only smiled.

    All I could do was sit and listen to the riots. Didn't these people realize what Jimin went through to become king? Didn't they realize the sacrifices he made? Didn't they have any sympathy towards their leader?

    Maybe it was my fault. Maybe I never should have married him.     It would be better to live as my father's punching bag then to put Jimin's life in danger.

    Jimin... I want to see you so badly...

    I had to stay alive. Even if it meant seeing him just one last time, I had to stay alive.

    I held onto my resolve as we waited, losing feeling in my legs.

    A door creaked open.

    Suho grinned. "The king has arrived."

    My voice caught in my throat. It couldn't be --

    I turned my head to look at the figure behind me.

    I should have known.   

    "Sehun?" I whispered. "This was all --"

    "Is this why you called me?" Sehun said, looking at me. It took me a moment to realize he was speaking to Suho.

    Suho stood and grabbed me by the arm, hoisting me to my feet. My legs still numb, I stumbled. He pulled me back up.

    "A gift, your majesty." he said.

"A gift?" Sehun asked, raising an eyebrow. "What's the occasion?"

    "Your crowning, of course."

    My eyes narrowed at Sehun. He chuckled.

    "My crowning? I wasn't aware that Jimin stepped down."

    "He can't be king without his queen, can he?"

    Suho shoved me forward, straight at Sehun. Sehun grabbed me by both my arms, pulling me up to face him. His grip was firm, but not as rough as I expected.

    "I suppose that's true." Sehun said, looking at my face.

    I tried to get out of his grip, but he held fast to me. 

    "I hope this proves my skills to you, Your Majesty." Suho said behind me. "I think it's much more than a few stolen photos, yes?"

    Sehun looked over my shoulder. "Ah, so that's what it was, then. You wanted to prove yourself among the ranks, is that it?"

    Sehun pulled a gun from his side, placing it under my chin and pulling my face up to look him in the eyes. I tried not to shutter as the cold metal scraped my chin. He continued.

    "So you set up fake evidence for Sydney, you shot Y/N, and you laced Jimin's pills? Is that right?"

    Suho chuckled behind me. "Yes, Sir."

    "And what do you want in return?" Sehun asked.

    "All I ask is that you find a place for me when you become king, Your Majesty. To serve a competent king such as yourself would be my life's greatest honor."

"Would it?" Sehun said. He smiled, showing his teeth. "I already have a place in mind for you."

    He moved the gun to point over my shoulder and pulled the trigger. The sound burst through my ear. Even with the ringing, I could hear Sehun through my right ear.

    "Hell." Sehun whispered coldly.

The strong stench of lead hit my nose, mixed with a dark, sour smell. I started to turn my head, but Sehun grabbed my face and yanked it back towards him.

    "I wouldn't do that," he said. "You don't want to see him right now."

    "You killed him?" I whispered.

    "He tried to kill my brother," Sehun replied. "And you, by the way. Should I have let that go?"

    I didn't answer.

    "He would have been executed anyways." Sehun continued. "I just expedited the process."

    "Why did you save me?" I asked. "Why did you come here? Are you going to kill me too?"

    "I don't want any funerals." 

    "Then what do you want?"

    His fingers curled under my chin. "I want the truth. And I want it from your mouth."

    Before I could ask him what he meant, I heard doors slam in the distance, followed by loud voices. Angry voices.

    Sehun sighed. "It looks like the riots have found us." He grabbed my arm. "Let's go."

    I pulled back. "I'm not going anywhere with you."

    "Do you want them to find you? You're the one they're against, remember?"

    I glared at him. "Only because you leaked photos of Jungkook and me."

    His lips curled. "You figured that out, did you? Huh. You may be smarter than I thought."

    The voices came closer.

    "What about..." I trailed off, my eyes darting back at Suho's body, even though I didn't dare to look at him.

    Sehun's gaze turned to ice as he looked behind me. "I'll send for a bodybag."

    He held my arm, guiding me out of the warehouse and to his car. Before we got in, he frowned, looking down.

    "Take off your shoes," he said.

    I looked down at them. "Why?"

    He looked behind me, I followed his gaze to see a line of footprints, made with blood. I looked back at my shoes, noticing the red blotches on them. I suddenly felt nauseous.

    "I don't want all that in my car. Take them off."

    I kicked them off and got in the car. Sehun nodded to his driver and the car took off. I clenched my teeth, staring at him.

    He chuckled. "I just saved your life, and you're giving me that look?"

    My shoulders dropped. He was right. If it wasn't for him, I'd be dead.

"Thank you," I said reluctantly.

"If you're grateful to me," he said, crossing his legs, "then you can do me a small favor."

I raised an eyebrow. "And what would that be?"

His lip curled up to the side and his eyes gave an energetic glow. "Let's go to a press conference."