Ch 8 - Jimin POV - Once

"Is this really so important that you had to interrupt my honeymoon?" I asked, shoving my hands in my pockets.

Jungkook flopped on the couch in the corner of the conference room. "Pfft. Like you care about your marriage, Jimin."

"Come again?"

He glared at me, sticking his tongue in his cheek then looked away.

I opened my mouth to say something else, but Suho cut me off.

"This way, Your Majesty."

He led me to the conference table and pulled his computer monitor up on the projector. A few seconds after starting a video call, Baekhyun popped up on the screen.

"What's up, Baekhyun?" I said.

He chuckled. "Good to see you, Sir. How's the beach?"

"It would be better if I was on it."

"Make sure to get one of those coconuts they jam the straw into –"

Suho cleared his throat.

"Er, right." Baekhyun said, "I'm afraid I have some bad news for you, Sir. Really bad news."

I leaned in.

A photo came up on the screen. It was a picture of our castle's garden wall, graffitied with the words, The revolution is coming.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We found this on your wedding day." Baekhyun explained. "At first, we thought it was some teenager pulling an angsty prank."

He flipped to another photo. It was a public school with the same style graffiti.

Destroy the monarchy.

Another photo. An empty alley.

The new king won't rise.

It switched back to Baekhyun. "We've found a dozen or so messages like this around the city. Someone doesn't want you to be king, Sir."

I took a deep breath. That made two of us.

"This kind of thing happens to royals all the time, doesn't it?" Jungkook said from the back. "Even Jin got threats when he took the throne."

Baekhyun nodded. "Threats and general hatred, sure. If it was nothing but graffiti, we wouldn't be so worried. But there's more than that."

I tapped my fingers on the desk. "Like what?"

Suho stepped in this time. "We believe there's an underground organization targeting you. Some of my men arrested a group who had the blueprints for the castle."

"How did they even get ahold of that?" I asked.

"We still don't know. It was hard for my men to get any information, but we do know there are more of them. There's a good possibility that there will be an attack at your crowning ceremony when you return from your honeymoon."

I couldn't help but laugh. This was rich. "That soon, huh?"

"Is Y/N in danger?" Jungkook asked.