Ch 3 - Your POV - Brother Dearest

Everyone applauded when we entered the room.

My new responsibilities were starting to weigh down my stomach. Whether or not I could do this, it didn't matter. There weren't any choices now.

I was queen.

In the midst of the large crowd, Father was off to the side, beaming.

They announced the first dance. Jimin took me down the steps and onto the dance floor, bringing me into his arms. Although his form was impeccable, it was robotic.

Would he ever really hold me?

The orchestra played and we made it through the first dance. Neither of us said a word. I couldn't think of anything to talk about, and it didn't seem like he wanted to talk to me. But the crowd enjoyed taking pictures of us. This marriage gave them a sense of excitement and joy.

That was good enough. They were happy, so that was good enough.

Once the dance ended, the floor was opened up to everyone. Jimin brought me to the side of the room to greet his parents.

"Oh, [Y/N]!" Jimin's mother cried, smiling wide and cupping my face with her small, manicured fingers. "You changed your dress. You look absolutely stunning, doesn't she, dear?"

"Dear" was a reference to Jimin.

He simply nodded.

His father nudged him. "What's this? My son is keeping a tight lip on a woman's beauty? [Y/N] have you made him a man all ready?"

My eyes widened. Jimin's mother smacked her husband on the shoulder.

"Be more careful on how you phrase things, darling." She held her hand out to Jimin. "You'll be honored to dance with your dear mother, won't you?"

Jimin grinned and took her hand. "Of course."

I stood with his father as he took his mother to the floor, smiling and twirling her around the dance floor. He seemed so happy with her. Duel feelings came over me – happiness to see him so happy, and sadness knowing he didn't feel that way with me.

"We're so happy that you're now part of our family, [Y/N]." his father said, patting me on the shoulder. "We know you'll take good care of our son. Granted, he's spoiled and stubborn, which makes your life more difficult. For that, I apologize in advance."

I couldn't help but smile at the warm compliment.

"Yes," a new voice said beside us. "Welcome to the family, Y/N."

I tried not to narrow my eyes.

Sehun.

The white collared shirt and black jacket made him look everything like a prince, but after a year of knowing him, the sharp, cold edges of his eyes always stood out the most.

"I don't suppose you'd refuse a dance with your new brother in law, would you?"

He smiled. Like a wolf, he smiled.

I made sure to show my teeth as I smiled back and held out my hand. "I'd love to."

He took it, his long fingers wrapping around like a boa constrictor. His dance position was a lot sloppier than Jimin's, and it felt slimy. He had never said or done anything horrible towards me – we barely spoke in passing – but Jimin and I had a mutual understanding about Sehun.

Jimin and I had married so Sehun could never be king.

"I hope my brother is treating you well." he said as we danced. "He can be high maintenance at times."

"Thank you, Sehun. Jimin, however, has been a complete gentleman."

More or less.

He nodded. "I sure hope it stays that way. I never approved of how much he flirted with so many women. It never seemed appropriate. Even after the engagement..." he stopped, thinking better to finish the sentence. "Well, never mind it. He'll come around. I'm sure there's nothing for you to worry about."

He's trying to bait you. I told myself. Don't fall for it.

But I knew how Jimin was. Sehun wasn't wrong.

"If he gives you any trouble, let me know." Sehun offered. "I'll be happy to assist."

I bet you would. You'd assist him right out his throne.

"I appreciate the support and encouragement." I replied. "It puts my mind at ease."

He nodded enthusiastically and finished out the dance.

After, I went outside, rubbing my hands as if it would get the feeling of Sehun off of me. At the sound of a group of girls giggling, I turned to find the source of the noise.

Jimin was among a few beautiful women, talking and making them laugh.

I sighed.

Nothing had changed.

"Don't tell me you're tired of dancing all ready."

I turned around to see who was speaking to me. My heart palpitated.

"...Jungkook?"

---------------------------------

A/N: Not trying to stir up any BTS/EXO wars here. Sehun was chosen as the younger brother because he had the best GIFs for it. Yes. I chose based on GIFs. Feel free to judge me. :P