Ch 25 - Your POV - Faulty Plans

"Where are you? You left without saying anything?"

Hanna sighed into the receiver. "Sorry, girl. I had something I had to take care of. I'll be back later, maybe."

My stomach dropped. "I wish you had said something before you left. I don't think I can be here on my own without you."

She laughed. "What do you want me to do? Stay there for the next ten years? You have a husband to lean on now."

I knew she was right, but I still needed her. Just having her close by gave me more confidence. I didn't think I could face this without her.

I knew I couldn't face Father alone.

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I palmed the phone back and forth in my hand, wondering how I was going to figure out what Father was doing.

If I couldn't face him, maybe I could face Mother.

I went to my parents' guest room, praying Father wasn't there. I knocked.

Mother opened the door, her pale face greeting me with a weak smile. "Y/N. What brings you by so early?"

"Can I come in?"

She opened the door wider. I walked in, searching around the room for Father. Water was running in the shower.

I didn't have much time.

She left me to go sit back on the bed, picking up her crochet. "Has Jimin been treating you well?"

"Yes, of course." I replied. "Has Father?"

Her eyes widened at the sudden question. We never spoke about Father. We hardly spoke at all.

She looked over to the bathroom door and then back to me. "What are you asking, Y/N?"

"Father's been acting strange lately. I was wondering if --"

"We won't speak of your Father behind his back." she commanded.

"What if Jimin is in danger because of him?"

She set down the crochet. "Hold your tongue. Your father would never put his own family in danger."

I stepped over to her, yanking her sleeve up until it showed the deep scar on her arm. I gritted my teeth. "Wouldn't he?"

She abandoned the crochet completely, pulling the sleeve back down over the scar. "Have you lost your mind?"

The shower water turned off.

"Get out, Y/N." she warned, lowering her voice. "Go now."

I thought about leaving. I wanted to leave. I didn't want to be alone with him, but I needed to find out his intentions. For Jimin.

I shook my head. "I can't go."

"Do you know what he'll –"

"I know."

The bathroom door swung open, Father exiting with only a bathrobe. His eyes caught mine.

"Y/N!" he said, almost sounding glad to see me. "What brings you here at such an early hour?"