Ch 9 - Your POV - Pain

I never knew sunlight could be so painful.

I woke up in the honeymoon suite, squinting at the ceiling as pain ripped through my head.

How did I get here? The last thing I remembered was Hanna buying me a drink, and then...

Nothing.

Oh God.

I ripped away my blankets, sighing with relief to see I was still fully clothed. I hadn't done anything stupid, had I? If I made myself a fool in front of Jimin...

My thoughts turned back to Suho asking to speak with him privately last night. He was all right, wasn't he? Was he in any kind of danger?

As if he could hear my thoughts, he appeared beside the bed. He had a glass of water and a bottle of aspirin in his hand. He held them out to me.

I couldn't look him in the eye as I took them.

"Thank you," I whispered.

He shoved his hands in his pockets. "Don't drink with Hanna again."

I nodded, taking the medicine. "Did I say... or do... anything offensive yesterday?"

"Nope."

He walked to the other side of the room to the vanity and straightened out his shirt. He yanked on each edge, his face like stone.

I did something, didn't I? How angry was he?

I stood from the bed, approaching him at the vanity.

"Jimin, forgive me, I didn't mean –"

"There's nothing to forgive." he said, standing to face me. Despite his words, his cold tone implied otherwise. "But you should know better, Y/N. What if –"

He raised his hand. I shut my eyes, waiting for impact.

There was a pause.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

I slowly opened my eyes. Jimin cocked his head to the side as I glanced at his hand.

"Did you think I was going to hit you?" he asked. "Why would you –"

I cut him off. "I'll get dressed."

I left before he could ask me any more questions.

~~~~~~~~

With a dull ache still radiating through my head, we left the suite to explore the city. Suho and our guards followed close behind.

Closer than usual.

"What did Suho say to you last night?" I asked, unable to rein in my curiosity.

Jimin smiled and shrugged. "Nothing, really."

"You're lying. You only shrug like that when you're lying."

Oops. I meant to think that, not say it.

He stopped. A grin burst across his face. "I didn't realize you paid such close attention to me."