Ch 22 - Jimin POV - Betrayal

"I take it you have bad news?" I asked as Baekhyun led me into the surveillance room. "You never call me in like this when it's something happy."

                His lips puckered. "Well..."

                "You're right." another voice cut in. "We have bad news for you, Jimin."

                I looked up to Sydney's usual seductive smile. I sighed. I wasn't in the mood for this.

                "Well?" I said. "Out with it."

                "I did what you asked, Your Majesty," Suho said, standing from one of the computers. "I'm afraid there's nothing on Sehun."

                "Nothing at all?"

He nodded. "Clean slate."

                "He's just hiding it." I snapped. "Look deeper. I know there's something."

                "Speaking of secrets," Sydney said, "I decided to check one more castle. Your wife's."

                I laughed. Was this some kind of payback?

                "Y/N has nothing to do with this." I said.

She handed me a folder. "I wouldn't be so sure."

                I raised an eyebrow at her.

                "Open it." she said, nodding.

                I didn't want to. I wanted to throw it back in her face and walk out the door. All I needed was one reason. I looked at Baekhyun and Suho. Their heads dropped.

I scoffed, opening it. In the folder were emails, along with maps of my country and Y/N's. I read some of the lines.

                Soon, we'll be united...

                This system will benefit us all...

                I have full confidence in Y/N...

                I stopped reading.

                "What is all this?" I asked Sydney.

                "They're encrypted emails between Y/N's father and uncle. From the sounds of it, Y/N's family is using this arranged marriage of yours to create a merged country."

                "What does that mean?"

                "It means your two countries will become one. No borders. One castle. One government."

                I shrugged. "Our alliances were made when we were married. That's the point of an alliance."

                "But alliances don't usually end in domination." She crossed her arms and leaned forward. "Ever played Risk?"

                "The board game? Yeah, sure."

                "It looks like Y/N's father and uncle have an interest in taking a large amount of territory and putting it under their own government system. Your 'alliance', or whatever you want to call it, is a means to an end."

                I thought about it. Y/N's father was a suspicious old man, but I could handle him. Our family had dealt with sour business deals before. Hell, my parents made marry Y/N within the year or else they'd give my position to Sehun. Marriage was valuable for business. If that's how my parents saw it, I wasn't surprised Y/N's father saw it as an opportunity himself.