Ch 16.5 - Conflict of Interests

"Did you do what I asked?"

Chanyeol nodded. "It wasn't the easiest task, but I managed. Are you sure this is a good idea, though, Prince Jungkook? King Jimin won't be pleased if he finds out."

Suho won't be too thrilled either.

Jungkook shrugged with one shoulder. "He's always mad at me. It's fine."

Chanyeol's lips pulled to the side.

"Don't worry," Jungkook added. "If someone finds out, I'll take care of it."

"Yes, Sir. Is there anything else I can assist you with?"

Jungkook didn't speak for a moment.

"Yes..." he finally said. "There is one more thing. Y/N has asked for assistance with the investigation."

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. "Forgive me, Sir, but aren't there a few groups already working on this?"

"Yes. It never hurts to have more help though. See what you can find out about the leaked blueprints. Work with Suho if you have to."

Chanyeol winced. He didn't come this far just to work with Suho again. It was a nightmare at the academy, and it would be a nightmare now.

"Of course, Sir." Chanyeol obediently replied.

Whether or not he'd actually do it was another story.

Chanyeol followed Jungkook down the hall until they crossed paths with Jimin. Jimin put his hands in his pockets, smirking.

"You're still here?" he asked Jungkook.

"You stay at my place all the time. It's the same thing, isn't it?"

Jimin half smiled. "Not quite. But nice try."

"I saw Y/N's father this afternoon." Jungkook said, changing the subject. "Did Y/N's family visit?"

"Just her father."

Jungkook sighed in relief. "Good. As long as Han-- " He stopped. "Nevermind. Should I be insulted that I wasn't invited?"

"Be glad you weren't there. Y/N's father decided to liven up the party by talking about Y/N and my future heirs."

Jungkook's face paled. "What?"

Jimin shrugged. "You know how old people like to push for grandchildren."

"Jimin, you're not seriously thinking about –"

"We would have adorable kids, don't you think?" Jimin said, interrupting. "Maybe with her eyes, and my hair?"

"Don't joke about things like that."

"Who said I'm joking?"

There was a tense silence between them. Jungkook stuck his tongue in his cheek, burning fire through Jimin with his eyes. Jimin only smiled.

"Well," Jimin finally said. "Stay as long as you like, Jungkook. My home is your home."

He was still smiling as he walked away, leaving Jungkook to clench and unclench his fists.

Jimin and Y/N producing an heir? Chanyeol thought to himself. That could cause a real issue.

Sehun isn't going to like this.