Crash part 2

Hiccup held Astrid in his arms as he rode Toothless. Astrid was barley breathing and she was losing a lot of blood.
"You stay with me Astrid." He said through his tears. "You're going to be ok. Everything's going t-to be ok."
   Just then Gothi arrived on her Gronkle along with Valka riding Cloudjumper. They landed underneath the tree. Toothless dove down and landed next to them. Hiccup carried Astrid over to her and Gothi went to work on her right away.
   Gothi had just finished bandaging Astrid's throat and had started cleaning out her cuts, when she suddenly stopped breathing.
   "Astrid?" Hiccup said loudly, panicked. "Astrid?!!"
   Gothi started doing CPR on her. Hiccup felt Valka's arms wrap around him and he clung to her desperately for a moment. She caressed the back of his head. He sobbed into her shoulder.
   "Hiccup she's lost a lot of blood. I-I don't think she's going to make it."
   Hiccup threw himself next to Astrid and yelled "I've already lost dad! I can't lose Astrid t-"
   Astrid gasped and her eyes burst open. She clenched her teeth and started panicking.
   "Astrid?! Oh my gods! I thought I lost you!" Hiccup grabbed her hand and held it tight and with the other hand he caressed the side of her face.
  "Hiccup calm her down so Gothi can help her. She's still bleeding out." Valka said urgently.
   Hiccup wiped the tears away from his eyes so he could see clearly. Then he set  Astrid's head in his lap. Astrid looked up at him, still panicked.
   "Just breathe Astrid. I've got you. You're going to be fine. Just hold on. Gothi will get you patched up."
    *one hour later*
   Gothi had put a splint on Astrid's leg and cleaned out all of her cuts. And now she had to deal with Astrid's impaled shoulder.
   Astrid squeezed Hiccup's hand and looked up at him fearfully. She had stopped crying for a little while but once again the tears returned.
   "Hey it's going to be ok Astrid. Everything's going to be alright."
   Astrid nodded to show she was ready for Gothi to remove the small branch out of her shoulder.
   "Alright on the count of three." Hiccup said, not tearing his gaze away from Astrid's eyes. "One. Two. Three."
   Gothi quickly yanked the branch out of her shoulder. Astrid inhaled sharply and tears cascaded down her rosy, cut up cheeks.
   "All done." Hiccup reassured her. "Worst parts are over. You're ok."  Hiccup bent over and kissed her forehead.
   Just then the gang arrived. They had first taken Stormfly to Gobber to be fixed up and then went looking for the dragon responsible for all of this.
   They all rushed over. Ruffnut  knelt down next to her. "Hey Astrid. Gobber told me to tell you that Stormfly will be good as new in a couple of days. And we captured the monstrous nightmare and relocated him."
   The rest of the gang nodded in agreement.
   Astrid smiled up at them weakly. Gothi continued to bandage Astrid up. When she was finished she wrote in the dirt with her stick and Valka read it out loud.
   "Hiccup take Astrid home and put her to bed. She is not to get up for a full week. And she should only eat soup or broth. Under no circumstances is she to try to talk until Gothi says. That monstrous nightmare tore up her vocal chords pretty well."
     Astrid's vision went blurry again and she passed out again. Hiccup looked at Gothi anxiously but she reassured him it was normal for her to pass out after going through something like this.
   "What about her leg?" Tuffnut asked. "Is she going to... well you know.."
   "She is not going to lose her leg Tuffnut."  Valka assured him. "But she will have to use crutches for quite some time when she is able to get up again."
   So everyone but Hiccup  mounted their dragons and headed home.
   Hiccup slowly picked up Astrid and gently as possible. He carried her over to Toothless who licked her cheek.
   "Let's get her home bud."