Storms

Hey guys!! Soooo I thought I would let you know that I wrote some pretty cheesy stuff😬 but I just can't help it!! I love the emotional comforting stuff! So if your not for this, this hiccstrid onehsot book probably is not for you. But if you have suggestions let me know!
Astrid was curled up into a ball and hiding under the blankets. Hiccup was sleeping right next to her, but she didn't want to wake him up over being scared of a storm.
She could hear the tapping of the rain on the roof. She tried to focus on that, but just as she was about to fall asleep, there was a loud CRACK! BAM! BOOM! CRASH!!
Astrid accidentally let out a terrified yelp
of fear. She pulled herself into an even tighter ball.
Hiccup startled awake. "Astrid?" He said in a sleepy voice. He then noticed that she was hiding under the blankets.
He went under. He saw Astrid curled into a ball. "Astrid what's wrong?" He asked worriedly.
She turned to face him. "I'm afraid of thunder Hiccup."
BOOM!!!
"Ahhh!" Astrid yelled. She curled into a ball again.
"Come here you." Hiccup pulled Astrid into his arms . She buried her face into her chest.
"Astrid why didn't you wake me up? This storm could go on for a long time."
"I was embarrassed to wake you up over something so stupid."
CRACK!!
Hiccup instinctively gripped Astrid tighter. She felt a lot safer in Hiccup's arms, but the storm still scared her. She whimpered half from embarrassment and half from fear.
Hiccup knew he should feel bad for Astrid, but he couldn't help it. He loved it when she snuggled into him.
"Shh. It's alright, I'm here."
Astrid felt horrible for keeping Hiccup awake.
BOOM! CRASH!

Hiccup kissed Astrid's cheek and rubbed her upper arms soothingly. "I'll swim and sail and savage seas, with not a fear of drowning. And gladly ride the waves of life, if you will marry me. No scorching sun, nor freezing cold, will stop me on my journey. If you will promise me your heart..."
Astrid recognized this song. Hiccup had taught it to her a few days after Stoick the Vast has been killed.
Shakily she sang. "And Love me for eternity. My dearest one my darling dear, your mighty words astound me. But I've no need of mighty deeds when I feel your arms around me."
Hiccup was about to start singing again but he yawned.
"I'm sorry Hiccup. You should just go back to sleep. I'll be fine."
Astrid started to turn away but Hiccup grabbed her arm gently but gripped her enough for her know he didn't want her to turn away.
"You don't have to be alone Astrid." He pulled the covers off of their heads.
"I'm not going anywhere. Truth is, I don't mind staying up with you Astrid. Not at all. Everyone is afraid of something. I don't like storms much either."
Astrid once again snuggled into Hiccup. Out of no where the wind started to blow very fast. It whistled and howled.
Astrid started to shake and her heart was pounding. Hiccup wrapped his arms around her again and could feel her heart going very fast. She was starting to sweat.
"Astrid, listen to me. You are ok. I've got you. I won't let anything hurt you. Just listen to my heartbeat , ok?"
Astrid agreed. "I love you Hiccup."
Hiccup smiled, "I love you too Astrid."
She closed her eyes and listened to the sound of Hiccup's heartbeat. It almost sounded like the heartbeat of a dragon.
Hiccup stroked Astrid's hair, massaged her shoulders, and did whatever else he could do to comfort the love of his life, until the storm finally passed. They fell into a deep, peaceful sleep, wrapped in each others arms.