The Reality of it all

Hello my fellow Hiccstrid shippers! This one is set during HTTYD 2. It's the night of the ending. Hiccup has become chief and Toothless Alfa. And let me just say I love that picture up there SO MUCH! It's exactly how I imagined Hiccup and Astrid falling asleep in the end of this one shot!
   Hiccup sat on the side of his bed, breathing heavily. The reality of Stoick's death was taking its toll. Hiccup couldn't help it anymore. The tears erupted out of him and he began sobbing.
   Toothless warbled and nuzzled Hiccup. Hiccup rubbed his dragon's head affectionately.
   "I-I know bud." He said in between sobs. "I miss him too. I can't b-believe  he's gone."
   Toothless looked looked down at the ground and looked guilty.
   "It wasn't your fault Toothless. They made you do it. I don't blame you.
I just miss him so much."
      "Hiccup?" Astrid appeared in the door way.
   Hiccup sniffed and wiped his eyes, trying to hide his crying from Astrid.
   Astrid walked over and sat on the bed next to Hiccup. She couldn't even imagine what he was going through, but she wanted to help in every way possible. She took hold of his hand and held it tight.
   Normally Hiccup would squeeze her hand and smile at her, but he did nothing. A single tear cascaded down his cheek and dripped onto his pants.
   "Hiccup.."
   "He's g-gone Astrid." More tears started to fall down his face.
  "Hiccup he would have been so proud of you."
   "If I would have listened to him he would still be here. If I wouldn't have gone after D-Drago he wouldn't b-be dead."
   "No, Hiccup it wasn't your fault."
   Hiccup broke down. Once again he sobbed. He couldn't hold back anything anymore.
   Astrid did her very best to soothe him. But she knew there was nothing she could say or do to take away the pain.
   Astrid turned and brought Hiccup into a hug. He layed his head down on her shoulder and cried and cried. His arms hung limp at his side. Astrid caressed his hair and kissed the top of his head as he cried.
   Eventually they lied down on the bed and Hiccup slowly cried himself to sleep.             
   Astrid too, cried a little that night. But Hiccup would heal. It would all be ok.
   "I love you Hiccup." she whispered as she closed her eyes and sleep over took her.